Join the Nest, become a HootSuite Owl!
BC's Best Company to Work for in 2012, and Techvibes Employer of the Year in 2013.
As a Software Engineer at HootSuite, you'll work on a team of talented and passionate engineers to build and ship industry-leading software that millions depend on -- including 75% of the Fortune 1,000 companies.
We’re looking for amazing engineers who are passionate about Android, who are obsessed with quality in their code and in their products, and who love tackling difficult problems.
At HootSuite, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to learn, you'll collaborate with other outstanding engineers, and you'll play an active role in shaping our product and our culture.
Read about some of the things we're doing here: http://code.hootsuite.com
- Work shoulder to shoulder with talented, fun-loving engineers working on challenging problems.
- Collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high quality software to HootSuite's customers.
- terate in an agile fashion, creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments through continuous integration.
- Find opportunities to lead by nurturing the development of more junior Engineers.
- Share your knowledge within the Engineering team as well as within the broader technical community by giving tech talks and writing blog posts.
- Shape our engineering culture by improving our processes and codebases.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Android development. You’ve shipped at least one app to the Play Store, and are familiar with the use of fragments, animation, threading, SQLite, and the latest Android APIs.
- Proven skills creating high-performance applications. You’ve got a portfolio of large projects you’ve played a key role in shipping.
- Understanding of the process of building, debugging, and profiling Android apps.
- Passion for automation, including writing unit tests and automation tests.
- Experience working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs).
- A desire to move fast, ship things, make our customers happy, and get things done.
- A history of open source contributions and/or personal projects you’ve shipped.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or related experience.
- Mobile web app development experience
- Familiarity with ICS/Jelly Bean design guidelines
- Experience using advanced HTML5 features (geolocation, local storage)
- Experience with jQuery, Sencha, or other js frameworks
- Familiarity with SDLC, agile methodologies, scrum, kanban
- Active on social networks and use mobile social apps -- loves to tweet, blog, uses foursquare, etc.
- Mad foosball skills
- Date Posted:
- Sep 2, 2014 1:27 PM PDT
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more