APPLICATION SUPPORT ASSOCIATE
Job Posting # 15-142
Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a qualified Application Support Associate to work in our downtown Vancouver office. Raymond James Ltd. is one of Canada’s leading independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Under the direction of the Dataphile Relationship Manager and the Head of the PMO, the Application Support Associate is responsible for day-to-day support of the Dataphile brokerage software application for all areas of the firm. The Application Support Associate will develop test strategies based on business and functional requirements and execute functional and system test plans as required for in-house developed and commercial software and provide support to the business for user acceptance testing.
Specifically you will:
• Answer brokerage application inquiries and complex how-to questions that cannot be answered by branch administrators or area supervisors;
• Troubleshoot and analyze client account management issues, including problems related to security pricing, yields, historical transactions, ACBs, transaction codes and asset allocation;
• Resolve issues related to online and overnight report printing;
• Escalate issues and changes to Broadridge Financial Services using the online issue tracking tool and follow-up/monitor outstanding issues;
• Assist with system configuration/maintenance including the setup of new configuration coding (i.e. branch codes, advisor names, market codes);
• Assist the PMO Business Analyst with creating test strategies and plans and testing new application functionality;
• Work with the development team and/or commercial software vendor to resolve issues and defects during testing;
• Support and assist the business during user acceptance testing;
• Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
• A Diploma of Technology or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or commensurate qualifications and/or experience;
• 3 years of related financial services experience with a strong analytical background;
• Must have Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010/2013 experience;
• A thorough understanding of the Dataphile application including Prophile©, ExeClear© and Rapidphire©;
• Experience in system functional testing, defect management and resolution. Experience in using testing tools is an asset;
• An ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies and business knowledge;
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
• Customer service training is highly desirable;
• A keen attention to detail;
• Strong organizational skills;
• An ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a professional and friendly manner;
• An ability to prioritize and effectively manage time.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # by May 1, 2015 to:
Raymond James Ltd.,
2100 – 925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check. We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 10, 2015 10:24 AM PDT
- Raymond James
- Raymond James
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Raymond James is one of North America's leading full-service investment dealers with an extensive presence across Canada and the United States. Raymond James Ltd. is the Canadian subsidiary of Raymond James Financial, Inc. Established in 1962, our parent firm made its initial public offering in 1983 and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange using the ticker symbol RJF. Raymond James was... more