If you are a self-motivated, highly productive, creative and focused individual then read on! Do you love to learn and embrace rapidly changing technologies? Has your experience led you to seek out challenges and take calculated risks when you can? Do you code or play with code on your own time, “just because”? Are you a lifelong learner that embraces rapidly changing technologies? Then we are looking for you!
We have an immediate opening for an Automation Test Developer. This position focuses on the development and execution of automation tests against a variety of applications under test. You will be responsible for estimation, creation and execution of automated test scripts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Select, develop and maintain appropriate test automation tools
• Ongoing maintenance of complex automated tests and test suites
• Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites
• Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects
• Participate in the Change Control Board to identify the quality implications of known bugs and the impact of proposed changes to product definition on the testing process
• Follow all departmental guidelines for maintaining a test object repository.
• Research and document bug reports following agreed-upon processes immediately upon discovery of a quality problem
• Update test execution status following agreed-upon processes as part of regularly-scheduled test status updates
• Provide the Test Manager with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies
• Work with the Release Engineering team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification (“smoke”) test
• Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used
• Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks
• Assist the Test Manager in the creation of test project status reports and metrics (e.g., Test Dashboard)
• Assist the Test Manager in preparing test plans, budgets, and schedules
• Provide technical guidance to junior-level test developers and/or test technicians assigned to assist the Automation Test Developer
• Computer Science Degree, Technical Diploma or related experience with software testing and/or development
• 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance with exposure to manual and scripted testing of web applications
• 3+ additional years of experience doing test automation development or working with test automation tools directly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Programming / scripting experience (C++, C#, Java, Perl, Python, .NET)
• Experience with TeamCity and Octopus
• Experience testing web services/software automation at API level (REST and SOAP)
• Experience with various databases (Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Couchbase)
• Ability to use web tools such as Fiddler and Wireshark
• Familiarity with defect tracking systems
• Solid knowledge of Windows Client operating systems
• Solid knowledge of all common web browsers and related technology.
• GUI based Automated tool experience (Selenium, QTP, Rational Robot, Test Complete)
• Understanding of cross browser configuration issues and working knowledge of web security concerns
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.movecareers.ca and select “Automation Developer in Test” from the list of available positions. We thank all applicants in advance and will directly contact those who are selected for interviews.
Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries! We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and... more