Let’s talk shop: LightSpeed is on the hunt for a full-time Developer to join our Montreal based development team. The primary role for this position is to design and develop LightSpeed Cloud, our web-based Point of Sale.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have a strong technical background matched by a passion for web technologies. You slay at problem-solving. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe. Your friends come to you with all their software woes.
Now we get to brag about us: LightSpeed is a fast growing company backed by Accel Partners. We are the leader in our market, powering 15,000 retail locations. LightSpeed is headquartered in Montreal and with offices in New York (NY), Santa Cruz (CA), Ottawa (ON), and Olympia (WA). Our culture is focused on enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs
- Provide estimates for development effort
- Write code and develop prototypes for high-volume production, web-based applications
- Build LightSpeed’s platforms, systems, and networking infrastructure
- Assist QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- 2+ years experience developing production-grade software (preferably large systems)
- BS/BA in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Ability to learn new technologies or paradigms
- Skills in Python, PHP, or other languages
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Basic proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Deep knowledge of Web technologies
- A keen interest in API design
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Date Posted:
- Dec 12, 2014 8:59 AM PST
- Lightspeed POS
We're more than just a high-tech point of sale. We provide retailers with a simple way to build, manage and grow their business, and create a best-in-class customer experience. Our end-to-end solutions unify inventory, customer management, sales and analytics across all channels, in-store and online. Our philosophy combines the tactile with the digital, the cutting-edge with the tried-and-true. We believe that... more