Research and Development (Canada – Kitchener / Waterloo)
Miovision develops intelligent solutions to address the challenges facing today’s global transportation networks. You will be working in a small development team that’s passionate about writing fast, beautiful, maintainable code.
You will work on our flagship video processing platform and tackle tough challenges such as:
• developing a highly scalable and reliable platform in a cloud environment (AWS)
• data mining terabytes of video in a heavily parallelized and distributed fashion
• developing complex business logic workflows which drive video processing
The platform is written in .NET 4.0 and C#, with MS SQL Server and LINQ to SQL for the data layer. There is a RESTful web API for external communication and a WPF client application for system monitoring and administration. You will get to work on every layer of the system and have a say in major design decisions.
First and foremost, we are looking for a very positive person and a solid team player. We pride ourselves in having great team dynamics, and we expect every new member to contribute positively. We strive to achieve both the knowledge and humbleness of Yoda.
Our team is highly collaborative and we are looking for people to bring new ideas and skill sets to the table. We invest in personal development activities and conduct regular lunch-and-learns in order to promote knowledge sharing.
We are constantly looking for ways of improving our development process with best practices like code reviews, test automation and continuous integration. We also strive to make our applications more robust and simplify development by adopting the latest and greatest open source frameworks. Lastly, we take time to clean up our tech debt and make effort to minimize the maintenance cost of our software.
On the fun front, we celebrate our releases with LAN and console parties, MTG, poker nights and BEvEReges!
Years of Experience: several years of right kind of experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree (CompSci, CompEng or SoftEng)
- You have several years of experience developing within a large, long-running project, and making major design decisions and contributions
- You have in-depth understanding of what makes a system extensible, scalable and maintainable
- You are able to build a multi-tiered system from ground up (data layer/business logic/front end), and set it up for long-term success
- You are a coder at heart. You hack at work and in your spare time, and wouldn’t have it any other way
- You are very smart and a quick, self-motivated learner
- You are able to come up with intelligent designs, and then execute them with beautiful, robust, maintainable code
- You have a excellent knowledge of SQL and extensive experience designing relational data models
- You have good knowledge of core features of .NET 3.5+ (the later the better)
- You have good knowledge of major .NET frameworks like WCF, WF, MEF
- You have good knowledge of ORM libraries like LINQ to SQL, Entity Framework or NHibernate
- You have developed data-driven client apps with WPF and MVVM. Using WPF as if it were WinForms isn’t what we’re looking for.
- You have experience working with AWS (S3, EC2, RDS, etc)
- Date Posted:
- Nov 13, 2013 11:11 AM PST
- Miovision Technologies Inc.
Miovision Technologies, based in Ontario, Canada is an innovative and successful software company that develops intelligent solutions to address the challenges facing today’s global transportation networks. With our video and web-based technologies, we help data collectors, traffic consultants and municipal governments reduce the cost of collecting, analyzing, and reporting accurate traffic data. Our products and... more