Join the Nest, become a HootSuite Owl!
BC's Best Company to Work for in 2012, and Techvibes Employer of the Year in 2013.
As a Software Engineer at HootSuite, you'll work on a team of talented and passionate engineers to build and ship industry-leading software that millions depend on -- including 75% of the Fortune 1,000 companies.
We’re looking for a passionate Build Engineer who has experience putting tools and processes in place to enable our Engineers to build, test, integrate, and ship their software. As a Build Engineer, you will often need to build & implement infrastructure and tools -- as such, a proven strong Software Engineering background is desirable.
Read about some of the things we're doing here: http://code.hootsuite.com
- Support and improve our tools for automated builds, reviews, tests, and releases.
- Support and improve our tools for code review, automated integration checks (smoke tests), and metrics (coverage).
- Focus on simplicity, consistency, speed, and self-service platform tools and services.
- Collaborate closely with Operations Engineers and QA Automation Engineers.
- Research new technologies, trends and tools to improve our systems
- Share your experience and knowledge by “working out loud” within HootSuite and our community
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of industry experience in software engineering.
- Linux systems administration knowledge and debugging skills.
- Experience with continuous integration, configuration management, build optimization, build automation, and deployment with CI tools (Jenkins/TeamCity/etc).
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools (Ansible/Puppet/Chef), AWS, CDNs (Cloudfront), Apache, MySQL.
- Strong Git background.
- Experience with AWS (and VPCs).
- Experience with OpenStack/CloudStack.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Experience with iOS or Android build & release tools -- Jenkins, XCode, Gradle
- You are keen on new technologies and techniques -- eg. Docker, LXC, Go
- Date Posted:
- Sep 2, 2014 1:27 PM PDT
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more