The Boeing Maintenance Performance Toolbox is an online system that provides operators with up-to-date fleet maintenance information using intelligent documents and visual navigation methods. The Toolbox is designed to improve the performance of technical operations staff responsible for airplane system troubleshooting, structural repair record management, parts management, task card management, content authoring, and training.
We are looking for an individual to join our team as a Business Analyst focusing on the Parts and Authoring requirements. The successful candidate will work closely with Product Specialists based out of the Boeing office in Duwamish to ensure the development team has a firm and agreed upon requirements from which to build and enhance the Toolbox solution.
Primary responsibilities include
• Review, validate and document detailed requirements for the system
• Establish contacts with Product Specialists to initiate and complete requirements activities for new and existing features
• Guide the team to identify the need for requirements and assist Product Specialists in building product road maps
• Conducts requirements reviews and knowledge transfer with the Product Specialists and the development team.
• Independently gathers, analyzes and documents requirements
• Develops and maintains deliverables such as use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, wireframes and mock-ups, system specifications, domain object models and other documentation according to company and project standards.
• Follows project schedule for completing tasks, reports status as required by the Project Manager.
• Participates in peer reviews of fellow BA deliverables
• Provides training and mentorship to more junior BA’s
• Provides inputs to project management for estimates and planning
• Provides support to development and test teams to review technical designs, test cases and test results
• Researches and compiles specific information required for customer presentations and requests.
• Participates in the recruitment process for BA’s by conducting technical interviews
• Contributes to project proposals
Experience and Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree in computer science, business administration, commerce or equivalent
• Typically 4 years’ related experience
• Proficiency with UML/BPML
• Solid understanding of business analysis process methodologies and tools
• Solid understanding of IT solutions and technologies
• Experienced in the full life cycle of large software development project definition, development, delivery and support
• Strong analytical thinking skills
• Flexibility to travel in accordance with business needs; a valid passport is required at all times
• Compliance with all Boeing Canada Operations Ltd. policies, procedures and training requirements.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 30, 2014 3:43 PM PDT
- Boeing Canada - AeroInfo
For the past twenty years, we’ve been a leading provider of software solutions for The Boeing Company and its airline customers. The Boeing name has helped us build a workforce of creative, dedicated professionals who share our vision and our enthusiasm. We continue to look for the strongest IT talent and the brightest minds we can find. more