With over 100M users and 50,000 signups per day Plentyoffish has a unique opportunity for optimizing our business using data.
The candidate would be a part of our extraordinary Business Analytics team, and would work cross-functionally with the rest of the organization to help identify, understand, and correct business challenges facing Plenty of Fish. The Business Analyst will deliver high-quality strategic and tactical analysis; will be in direct interaction with the management team as well as collaborating with the research, product development and marketing teams. We look for people with strong quantitative training, substantial experience in data manipulation, savviness with modern tools for working with unstructured data, a passion for visualization, and the ability to communicate results clearly to non-technical colleagues. Bonus points for having mastered a programming language.
If you have a detail-oriented, creative mind and love complex challenges, we want to hear from you.
So, what will you do?
• Proactively analyses data to provide the company with actionable recommendations on how to improve user experience and optimize our product
• Analyze user behavior to help determine product strategy and drive business decisions
• Provide management with deep dive analyses and present them in an immediately usable format, extracting key insights from complex data sets
• Conduct scenario planning and alternate futures analysis supported by robust fact bases
• Identify build and report on operational Key Performance Indicators
• Collaborate with the research, product development and data ops teams to share and develop knowledge
• Expertly ingest all current internal data provisions and come up with smart ways to present them in a concise manner
• Incorporate external trends and 3P intelligence into roadmaps, short-term and long-term direction
• Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and developments at key competitors
• Automate repetitive analysis for turn-key reporting and trending
• Define business requirements for data warehouses, dashboarding, and self-serve data analysis
• Identify and implement techniques and workflows to continuously improve our processes
What does our ideal candidate look like?
• 5+ years professional experience
• Training in a quantitative science, including applied math, statistics, physics, economics, or computer science
• Strong working knowledge of SQL
• Experience with web and mobile app analytics platforms and traditional statistical packages
• Understanding of split testing, multivariate analysis, and content experiments
• Acute understanding of how to generate and communicate data through Metrics, KPIs, Reports, Dashboards, and Exploratory platforms
• Proven achievements resulting from data analysis in both collaborative and independent work environments
• Ability to create and understand complex data sets to generate new ideas and product strategies
• Vertical skillset that encompasses problem identification, analysis, solution definition, and results communication
• Superb research and problem solving skills
• Hands-on approach, getting things done fast and doing it yourself without the need to delegate
• Experience with financial analysis, survey design, and big data analytics systems
• Have held a similar position at an online dating, social networking, or subscription-based business
What's it like to work at POF?
• We have a fun and casual culture.
• Our office is stocked with snacks and beverages.
• Great downtown location with easy access to transit.
• Awesome state-of-the-art office with fantastic views.
- Date Posted:
- May 29, 2015 12:23 PM PDT
- PlentyOfFish (POF.com)
- PlentyOfFish (POF.com)
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PlentyOfFish is the world’s largest online dating site, with over 80 million registered users. Beginning as a small start-up out of CEO and founder Markus Frind’s apartment in 2003, it soon revolutionized the online dating industry as the first free site. Since its inception, PlentyOfFish has offered the first and most advanced matching system in the industry and a series of personalized... more