Vancouver Film School programs focus on industries that use moving images, graphics, sound, and text as fundamental components for communication, information, and story. VFS programs regularly and continually evolve in response to the current industry methodology, technology, and need. VFS offers world recognized, full-time, one-year programs in Film Production, 3D Animation & Visual Effects, Classical Animation, Digital Character Animation, Programming for Games, Web & Mobile, Sound Design, Writing, Acting, Makeup Design, Digital Design, Game Design, and Foundation Visual Art & Design. These one-year programs are intensive, focused on the field of study and immerse students in industry-like settings and situations in order to best prepare them for work in their chosen field.
VFS is currently accepting applications for the position of Business Applications Manager in our Marketing & Admissions department.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Admissions, the Business Applications Manager is responsible for leading the Web and Database Teams to architect, plan, design, develop, deploy, and maintain/operate all of VFS’s enterprise applications, websites, and web services.
Fifty percent of your time will be spent managing the team and 50% of your time will be hands-on programming and server configuration.
Extensive hands-on experience with HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, YUI, PHP5, MySQL, MSSQL, and Wordpress are a must.
Please Note Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis as submitted and this position is open until a suitable candidate is found.
• Design, develop, deploy, and maintain websites and business applications that include VFS’s website, campaign sites, social media properties, eLearning system, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and a proprietary intranet and ERP.
• Provide analytics, change control, and technical leadership for all internal and external online properties.
• Recommend, formulate, and direct the implementation of technologically-based corporate business strategies and leading edge initiatives that plan for innovation with perceptive and realistic scope, while ensuring the consistent delivery of VFS business goals.
• Maximize the mix of in-house and outsourced services and establish strategic service provider partnerships.
• Drive the selection of technologies for web and database design, and provide technical guidance and assistance during the full life cycle of product offerings.
• Ensure implementation of industry-standard best practices, standards-compliance, thorough testing methodologies that meet or exceed quality assurance requirements of product delivery.
• Ensure maintenance of web content that maximizes usability and aesthetic appeal.
• Ensure development of web pages that are compatible with various browsers and platforms.
• Apply a test-driven development approach to all projects and manage them via agile.
• Manage all aspects of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM environment. This includes customization, systems extensions, integrated services, project management, change control and technical leadership.
• Maintain and improve internal student and staff portals.
• Oversee information archiving to ensure the proper handling of student projects, licenses and releases, and project metadata.
• Review, recommend, and implement product changes to ensure VFS is best represented as a superior training facility in the industries it serves.
• Work extensively with members of the Web and Database Teams and cross-functional support roles using your analytical and problem solving abilities to push the boundaries and create new solutions.
• Assume a leadership role in designing applications, building team culture, and ensuring product exceeds expectations.
• Research and develop recommendations to the Senior Administration Team on technologically-based business applications and infrastructure.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Marketing & Admissions and/or Senior Administration.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION
• Bachelors in Computer Science; a Master’s degree would be preferred.
• Seven or more years of interface development and back-end programming, including experience working on e-commerce websites.
• Extensive hands-on experience with HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, YUI, PHP5, MySQL, REST, MSSQL, and Wordpress.
• Deep hands-on experience with multiple MVC and AJAX frameworks - CodeIgniter and Zend preferred.
• Hands-on experiencing architecting and implementing CRM systems, especially Microsoft Dynamics, is a plus.
• Three or more years in a lead role of a web or applications development team. Previous leadership, supervisory, or managerial experience is an asset.
• Extensive experience working in an agile development environment.
• Experience administering and configuring version control systems like GIT or SVN.
• Test-driven development approach is a must.
• Deep knowledge and experience in all aspects of web site structure, design and development, site functionality with portal structure, site architecture and data flow, user interfaces, online branding, online marketing, email marketing, web analytics, and intuitive design schemes.
• Solid understanding of SDLC and current standards and best practices for web design, usability, information architecture, marketing, and optimization.
• Experience with secure web environments, security test processes and patterns.
• Knowledge of composite application development, portals, web sites, web applications, and web infrastructures (traditional and Web 2.0).
• Application layer and web server management of CentOS-Apache and Win2008R2-IIS server environments.
• Familiarity with Akamai-Limelight or other CDN environments.
• Experience with issue tracking software, such as JIRA and lean development management tools, such as Kanban, is critical.
• Campaign management through Adwords, Google Analytics and Website Optimizer.
• Extensive knowledge of website optimization and delivery optimization methodologies.
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
• Ability to collaborate well with other parts of the team and organization, such as Marketing and Admissions.
• Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
NICE TO HAVES
• Prior experience working within education or entertainment.
• Experience in responsive/mobile web development.
• Experience working with Social Media APIs and feeds.
• Familiarity with C#, .NET, LDAP, etc.
• Working knowledge of Moodle or a similar Learning Management System (LMS).
• PMP/Scrum Master or equivalent.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the profile above and would like to be part of our growing organization, we invite you apply for this position through the following website: http://vfs.edu/about-vfs/careers. Once on the website, please click on ‘Business Applications Manager’ and 'Apply Now' to reach the online application. Please note that your resume and cover letter must be uploaded in either PDF or Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our company, visit our website at http://vfs.edu/
- Date Posted:
- Dec 19, 2013 11:28 AM PST
- Vancouver Film School