At Shopify, BI Developers work to clean, model, and analyze a wide variety of data sources. We do this to help business users make better decisions, and power data driven products. We are building a data warehouse capable of answering questions listed below (and many more we havenât even thought of yet).
BI Developers are mainly responsible for creating and maintaining our ETLs. Weâre looking for people who can understand the needs of our users throughout the business, and then manipulate raw data into a useful form to fulfill those needs.
You'll answer questions like:
- What feature of the platform should we suggest a shop owner use now to grow their business?
- Is our new checkout system converting customers as effectively as our old system?
- What new verticals of shops are performing well and how can we market to them?
- How are our support teams performing? What impact on the business do they make?
You'll need to have:
- Experience developing software. Excel macros and statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, etc) donât count, sadly. We code primarily in Python, but you donât need to know it specifically
- Passion for data analysis
- Experience authoring SQL
- Experience working with databases, Hadoop, and/or Spark
- Experience interviewing and understanding a variety of business users
- Interest in collaborating, learning, growing, and eventually mentoring junior team members
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Working with an ETL tool like Informatica
- Database profiling and schema optimization experience
- Deep software development experience
- Software as a Service business analysis experience, familiarity with things like churn rates, long term value estimation, cost of acquisition calculation, etc
- Tableau report authoring experience
Hereâs how to apply:
If youâre interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the âApply nowâ button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Putra Manggala.
We're a product company and we value those who know our product.
Build a Shopify store if you haven't already. https://www.shopify.com (Don't spend more than 20 minutes on this - it's meant to get you familiar with the product, not to build a professional looking store). Add the link to your store in the last field below.
In the Additional Information Section, include an example of something youâve done with data, such as: Data models or schemas, stories from the field, visualizations, statistical analyses, web sites or apps, and anything else!
- Date Posted:
- Apr 27, 2016 1:00 AM PDT
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single... more