Come join the Cymax team and contribute to our next stage of growth!
Who are we?
We may be one of the best kept secrets in the Lower Mainland, but not for long. Cymax Stores Inc. is powering, connecting and transforming the $233 billion USD online and offline home furnishings industry. We are one of North America's leading e-commerce furniture retailers and technology innovators with estimated annual sales of $190 million in 2015. We are focused on developing world-leading technology solutions that compete on a global scale and are passionate about providing our customers with an exceptional shopping experience.
What do we do?
Cymax provides North American consumers with one of the largest selections of ready-to-assemble, case goods (fully assembled) and home decor items carrying the industry’s 200 top-selling brands with up to 100,000 products. We’ve developed a proprietary technology that enables us to deploy, manage and optimize our online presence for thousands of products, faster and at a significantly lower cost than most online retailers. You may think we have huge warehouses full of products, but we’re actually a drop ship company which means customer orders are delivered direct from the manufacturer’s warehouse.
Why join Cymax?
We’ve got big plans and we’re looking for energetic and creative people to contribute to the team. Cymax’s success is attributable to our exceptionally talented team of technology, marketing, customer service, finance and operational staff who each make meaningful contributions every day. We encourage you to take control of your career and personal development and are committed to help you succeed by providing opportunities for advancement, upskilling and on-the-job learning. Our goal is to offer all our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, where they can learn and grow.
We are centrally located in Willingdon Park, a 5 minute walk from the Gilmore Sky Train station. We are an active bunch with access to four on-campus fitness facilities, a basketball court, and running trails. We work hard but we also play hard, with summertime BBQs on the patio and ping pong games. We actively participate both individually and as a company with local charitable organizations including Darkness into Light, BC Ride to Conquer Cancer, and the annual Sun Run offering furniture donations, fundraising raffles, and staff involvement.
We are looking for an Ecommerce Category Manager to join our growing, dynamic team. If you love Retail /E-Commerce, Account Management and are looking for a position with vast opportunities for personal /professional growth, then this is the company for you!
The Ecommerce Category Manager will support the Director of Merchandising, and drive the overall performance of several merchandise department categories. The position will require a seasoned buyer, who is not only proficient in account management, but also has a strong record of achieving a successful profit margin. The ideal candidate will be a proficient communicator that achieves results. With a strong capability to liaise with internal and external partners, seek out business opportunities and ensure a seamless integration in executing business strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proven account management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance partner/vendor relationships
• An analytical thinker and problem solver
• Proficient in data analysis, with a strong ability to assess network partners in markets, in order to contribute to contractual company goals
• Will leverage and enhance existing business relationships long-term, and identify advertising opportunities, which will cultivate business growth
• Promotion and sales with company products in key markets, to facilitate sales and grow profit margins
• Will ensure pro-active communication occurs on an ongoing basis between direct business partners, and any relevant third parties resolving internal and external processes
• Analyze market competition on a regular basis, to ensure company expectations in driving expected sales, margin, and service levels from business partner
• Implement purchasing and sales agreements, including rebates, partner compliance policies, and procedures
• Work closely with Merchandising Department, ensure product catalogs are up-to-date
• Ensure product pricing is competitive and accurate, where products displayed are generating expected returns in sales and profits
• Optimize sales and profit margins for assigned vendors/brands
• Proven track record of successfully negotiating vendor agreements, including areas of sales, margin and logistics
• Service and position the company to sell products efficiently and profitably
• Maintain professionalism and expertise, with a keen sense of ongoing current market trends and exciting new product ideas
• Attend market trade shows, to enhance company's presence in the retail market
• Analyze competitive pricing and take actions to increase gross profit margins
• 2-5 years, as an account manager, buyer, merchandise manager and or equivalent experience
• Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing and or Commerce; and or Certificate of equivalency
• Familiarity with the merchandising planning cycle, vendor negotiation and agreements, setting margin and profitability goals; monitoring sales patterns and inventory flow
• Understanding of P&L with E-commerce or retail background preferred
• Excellent problem solver with ability to make decisions critically and analytically
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Ability to analyze data, report trends, and execute decisions in the best interest of the company
• Persuasive communicator with a strong negotiation skills
• An overall high achiever, with a positive attitude to exceed and meet goals on a daily basis
• Goal oriented, self-starter with a strong background in business and sales management
• Innovative thinker and problem solver, who can handle the pressures of a fast-paced work environment
- Date Posted:
- Jan 16, 2016 3:00 PM PST
- Cymax Stores Inc.
- Cymax Stores Inc.
- Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Cymax is one of North America's leading online furniture e-tailers with annual sales exceeding US $100 MN. With over 75,000 furniture SKUs, Cymax is a leader in online sales for all items home and office. Our growth since our launch in 2004 has been exponential and our culture at Cymax is unique: every person plays a critical role. Our offices are located in Willingdon Park, situated next to... more