Propel ICT, Atlantic Canada’s premier tech startup accelerator, seeks a dynamic individual for the position of Chief Executive Officer.
- Implement a bold plan to mentor and graduate 420 Start and Build stage startups across Atlantic Canada by 2019.
- Manage a team of 5+ senior professionals in a virtual work environment.
- Report to a board of volunteer entrepreneurs and senior executives.
- Effectively manage and be accountable for a seven figure annual budget.
- Facilitate creation of annual strategy with the board.
- Direct strategy execution and related tactics.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders including public and private sector funders and sponsors, - institutional venture capital partners, mentors, and startup entrepreneurs.
- Launch expanded private sector funding, sponsorship and partnership programs.
- Prior CEO or Executive experience.
- Experience managing a senior team, ideally in a virtual work environment.
- Experience managing a seven-figure budget successfully.
- Experience managing diverse stakeholder groups, including public sector organizations at municipal, provincial and federal levels.
- Entrepreneurship experience. Tech startup entrepreneurship experience would be an asset.
- Dynamic network builder.
- Growth oriented focus.
- Effective and productive, with a “get stuff done” attitude.
How to Respond
Candidates should submit a concise 1-2 page letter, introducing yourself and indicating:
1. Why do your abilities, experiences and beliefs make you a good fit for the role?
2. What are the critical success factors you see for executing the Propel plan?
3. What do you see as the biggest risk to the plan?
(You will have the opportunity to create this letter on the final screen of the application)
- Date Posted:
- Jul 23, 2014 1:20 PM PDT
- Propel ICT
Propel Accelerator is a cohort-based accelerator program for technology entrepreneurs to increase their chances of long-term success by giving them access to funding, mentorship, knowledge, and support. more