Volta is looking for the right person to take a passionate community of entrepreneurs and an associated ecosystem to the next level.
You are passionate about entrepreneurs and have been an entrepreneur yourself. If you can't change the system, you'll create an entirely new one instead. You have operational chops but you never forget the vision that drives you.
- Assist resident founders with simple problems and/or complex situations as they build their businesses
- Oversee the community-led design and team delivery of Volta programming
- With the Board of Directors, develop a vision and strategy to guide us over the short + long term
- Develop key Metrics to monitor and understand success
- Build a team of visionaries and operators who can manage complex projects through to completion
- Manage and report on a $1m budget
- Build strong and productive relationships with other stakeholders such as Universities, k-12 school system, Government and others as needed
- Read all of these bullets
Experience: 1 to 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Have managed a large project through to completion
- You have built a strong network of contacts and business relationships on a national and international level
- You have worked in a startup environment and know the struggles of an early stage startup
- You understand what it means to be an entrepreneur
- You are an Executive. You make bold and important decisions through intuition, data and experience Vision
- Date Posted:
- Apr 19, 2015 6:37 AM PDT
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Our Values Founders first. Community is the Framework. Accountability. We are a place of mentorship and community and we are NOT an accelerator. Our focus is on Quality and Quantity – not speed. Our Methods Provide World class mentorship and support to new startup and potential entrepreneurs. Encourage the establishment of new startups. Develop growth and maturity in existing startups.... more