Hostway Corporation is a leader in Cloud, Managed, and Managed Hosting. Hostway delivers reliable, secure, and scalable Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solutions to over 600,000 customers worldwide. Hostway services its clients from more than 250,000 square feet of state-of-the-art data center space. Hostway has emerged as one of the largest cloud hosting and Infrastructure-as-a-Service providers in the world due to the company’s expertise in developing secure, multi-tenant hosting environments and is committed to providing SMB's and large enterprises with cost effective business solutions. Hostway’s core products include Managed Hosting, Cloud Hosting, and Email and Applications. For more information about Hostway, please visit http://www.hostway.com.
The Cloud Administrator is responsible for the daily support of Hostway’s FlexCloud product line. This position will monitor the health of the cloud environments through checks and statistics, evaluate the results, propose changes in design and/or procedures, and then work with the team to deploy any updates in accordance with Hostway’s change management program. The Cloud Administrator is responsible for resolving any cloud issues that are escalated outside of Support. The Cloud Administrator will work with the product management team to ensure any new features are rolled out properly to production. This position may also be called upon to provide Windows administrative support for Windows servers deployed in other product lines outside of the cloud.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Install, configure, and manage virtual machine resources for Hostway’s FlexCloud environment.
• Configure and test high availability, scalability, and disaster recovery for FlexCloud.
• Support customer’s cloud servers and environments with installation, configuration, patching, network and VLAN configuration, backups, system monitoring and alerts.
• Configure FlexLink hybrid and VPN deployments for customers.
• Management of SAN and NAS storage equipment related to cloud environments.
• Coordinate with Hostway Engineering and Microsoft regarding product improvements related to Hyper-V.
• Write and update operational documentation, such as procedures, best practices, and engineering guidelines. Will also be involved in the development of any polices related to cloud services.
• Will create scripts to automate common tasks and enforce procedures.
• Work flexible hours as needed, responds to on-call duties, which may include nights, weekends, and holidays in support of a 24x7 facility.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• At least 3 years of experience administering and managing Windows servers, with extensive experience related to Active Directory and Failover clustering.
• At least 1 year of experience providing daily support of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization solutions on Windows 2008 R2 or higher.
• SAN knowledge including iSCSI setup and configuration with previous role supporting NetApp filers.
• Powershell and PERL scripting.
• 1 or more years of experience working in a customer service oriented organization.
• Must possess a zealous attitude towards customer service and satisfaction.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
• Ability to work in a diverse team located across several locations.
• Previous experience with VMware products.
• Any certification from Microsoft or VMware related to virtualization.
• Linux or network administrator skills a plus.
To be considered, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email and reference number CA012814CCb.
Hostway offers a competitive salary and benefits including Vacation, Extended Medical, Dental, Retirement Plan, and much more.
Hostway thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Nov 19, 2014 1:33 PM PST
- Hostway Global Web Solutions
- Hostway Global Web Solutions
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Since opening our doors in 1998, Hostway has been committed to bringing the power of the Internet to our customers across the globe with innovative and easy-to-use products that are supported by unmatched customer service. One of the top-five leading Web hosting companies, our experience gives us the skills to guide our customers through the process of getting on the Web by continually... more