Vancouver, BC V5M 4X6 CA (Primary)
At ClearlyContacts.ca we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team’s continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Now is your chance to join our team. ClearlyContacts.ca is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Information Technology team as a C#/.NET Programmer.
Key Responsibilities of a C#/.NET Programmer:
- Develop and enhance existing enterprise systems
- Assist with establishing integration and migrating data into new and existing systems
- Work to design and implement functionality with SQL server databases
- Develop efficient code and unit testing
- Assist with creating, manipulating, and building reporting tools
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies and code reviews
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate:
- At least 4 years of experience with ASP.Net C#
- At least 4 years of experience MS SQL, writing stored procedures and complex queries
- At least 4 years of experience in systems integration or building interfaces for messaging between systems with throughput and reliability
- At least 1 year of experience with JQuery
- Experience with WCF services
- Experience with Restful Services
- Experience with XML and Web Services provision and consumption
- Hands-on experience with the Agile development methodology
- Experienced with Client/Server architecture
- Strong problem solving, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledgeable in product retail and eCommerce products
- Understanding of ERP Systems
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail, and with or without supervision
- Ability to translate business requirements to efficient code
- Positive, outgoing, optimistic personality
- An artistic eye for creating clean reports and graphs
- Experience with the following is considered an asset:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX or Axapta
- SQL Reporting Services and/or Reporting tools
- SharePoint Portal development
- Working with source control systems preferably TFS
- Experience with Linq and .net 4.0
- Group RSP and ESP programs
- Extended medical benefits
- MSP coverage
- 2 weeks paid vacation, after 2 years of employment – 3 weeks paid vacation, after 4 years of employment – 4 weeks paid vacation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
- Group activities (past events: paintball, beach BBQ, Playland, dinner cruise)
- Subsidized fitness and wellness programs
- Refer a friend and get $500!
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly Contacts is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 31, 2015 1:36 PM PDT