Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mogo is bringing social responsibility, accessibility, and even a little fun to financial services. We’re a diverse team of thinkers and doers using technology and design to bring some creative destruction to a world dominated by big banks, hidden fees, and old ways of doing things. We may have just IPOed, but we’re not going to stop at just beating the banks. We want to truly transform the way that Canadians look at money and spearhead a new financially sustainable lifestyle. The vision? Financial products for everyday life that we ourselves would want to use. This is only the beginning.
We are currently looking for a Communication Designer who is conceptually capable, exceptionally detail oriented, and not limited by medium. You must have experience in working with both web and print. You’re on top of the latest trends and you aren’t intimidated to take on a full range of responsibilities from concept development to design to production. As part of our creative team, you will work closely with our Art Director to visualize information for our published content and sustain all design related touch points following our brand standards. You will also work with other disciplines to develop and improve the design of our web interfaces, document deliverables and visual presentation materials.
- Work directly with art director, designer, UI/UX designers and developers, and various business stakeholders
- Brainstorm and mock up design ideas for websites, online content, presentations, prints, and branded collateral
- Create and design deliverables in a timely fashion
- Translate high-level concepts into actionable ideas
- Pay close attention to all the details in the designs produced, from design consistency to spelling
- Implement the design of Mogo's website, products, marketing materials, and media
- Bring fresh ideas to the team
- Modify and export day-to-day assets for sales and marketing teams
- 3 years of professional design experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
- Strong portfolio of web and print work
- Must include an online portfolio
- Strong software skills in the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite and a basic understanding of WordPress
- Basic web-coding skills
- Knowledge and experience of responsive web design
- Great understanding of information design and typography
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrate confidence and a collaborative attitude with all team members, with the ability to work independently in a self-directed environment
- Able to solve complex problems using good judgment and analytical skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrives in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills
The salary range for this position is 44k to 53k per annum plus competitive extended health benefits, including extended health, dental and life insurance. Please submit your application online and contact email@example.com with any questions.
201 – 2590 Granville St.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 11, 2015 1:01 AM PDT
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Do More, Spend Less This generation is the first to grow up in an internet world. Every day, new companies are being created that leverage the power of the internet and technology to bring a new level of convenience to almost everything we do. Whether it's using Uber instead of your own car, or renting an apartment in Paris through Airbnb instead of shelling out for a pricey hotel room, these... more