FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Controller
Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will lead the group responsible for the financial health of FreshBooks. You will lead and coordinate the general accounting functions as well as provide leadership on reporting, planning and budget management while working closely with the senior executive team.
Specifically this position includes:
- Leading a team of three to complete all accounting functions including payables, receivables, monthly reconciliations and accruals etc
- Overseeing the payroll process
- Analyzing financial information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
- Providing the executive team with timely reviews of FreshBooks’ financial status and progress
- Directing and coordinating the annual budgeting process in partnership with leaders from each business group
- Assisting with preparation of board materials including summary financial information, trend and variance analysis and key performance indicators.
- Continually reviewing FreshBooks’ processes and procedures and provide input and guidance on optimizing operational functions.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- A professional accounting designation (CA/CPA/CMA/CGA)
- At least seven years of progressive accounting, reporting and managerial experience
- Prior experience in decision support and business partnering with senior executives
- Experience with multi-currencies operating and reporting environments
- Experience in US GAAP
- Familiarity with standard financial and ERP platforms
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with
- Date Posted:
- Aug 12, 2015 1:00 AM PDT
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for... more