We’re looking for someone enthusiastic, articulate, analytical and seasoned to join Shopify’s growth and marketing team in Toronto. If you’re a copywriting pro, drop us a line and tell us why you would be the perfect fit for this role.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Conversion focused copywriting principles with the ability to test and optimize.
- Strong portfolio with proven experience developing successful content that resonated with audiences and moved the needle.
- An understanding that excellent copy often comes from collaborative decision-making with marketers, designers, product managers, developers, UX researchers and other disciplines.
- Agile multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to handle fast turnaround times and multiple simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to convey highly technical information in an easily digestable manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Razor sharp attention to detail.
- Write a wide variety of materials, including: website copy, landing pages, AdWords copy, social ad copy, press releases, event copy, print advertising, newsletters, and more.
- Work with our data team and conversion rate optimizers to test and optimize copy for optimal performance.
- Ensure that our message is always clear, and that our voice remains consistent, professional and totally awesome.
- Write, rewrite, and edit copy for internal and external communications.
- Work with various departments to develop proper product positioning for launches.
- Help team with specific writing issues providing guidance on voice, tone, style, terminology, and more.
- Use copy as a vehicle to help our merchants get things done efficiently within the Shopify app.
If you think you're the right fit then please click here and fill in your information along with your portfolio and we'll be in touch.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 16, 2015 1:01 AM PDT
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Shopify is an Ottawa based commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at their retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, a point of sale system to power retail sales and a card reader to accept payments through a mobile phone. Shopify currently powers over 165,000 active online stores... more