Wattpad is a mobile social app that connects people all over the world with stories that matter to them. It enhances the storytelling experience, and makes it possible for people to be captivated by something they love. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Every month, 45 million people spend over 15 billion minutes on Wattpad to create and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else.
We’re looking for a copywriter to join our growing Marketing team. Reporting to our Creative Lead, you will help bring the Wattpad brand to life for our diverse audience and brand partners.
You are a creative thinker with a really strong work ethic and hungry to do great work. You don’t think in terms of executions, but rather ideas and are comfortable shifting gears to write for multiple different audiences. You constantly noodle away and discover new ways to bring our voice to life.
Come write your next chapter with us!
What you will do:
- Work with brand strategy and creative team to help evolve the Wattpad brand in voice and tone
- Help to conceptualize and create engaging copy for promotional campaigns, landing pages, email, social, web and digital content including video, social and live events
- Exhibit empathy for user needs and understanding of how to write effectively for all demos and touchpoints
- Maintain and stay on top of key trends in culture to help establish authentic voice and tone per audience
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our products and their features and provide copy assistance where required
- Actively partner and collaborate with all Wattpad departments as needed to ensure copy and tone consistency across all touchpoints
- Work with data teams to creatively discover new opportunities
- Take ownership of copy changes and requests that require follow-up in terms of rewriting copy, making in-depth inquiries into product information, legal implications, etc.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, English or Communications
- 5+ years of copywriting/editorial experience in a consumer tech, startup, or marketing environment
- Top notch portfolio/writing samples showing range, breadth, and depth of voice and tone
- Experience a/b and multivariate testing for copy a strong plus
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills a must
- Must be extremely flexible and able to navigate the constantly changing world of a startup successfully
- You are an incredible multi tasker with hardcore project management skills to ensure timely delivery and out of the box creative
- You are comfortable with a range of voice, tone, and style needs from professional to playful and everything in between
- You are able to work well independently, but you have excellent collaboration skills
- You are a Wattpader, of course!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & career growth
- Meaningful equity (stock options)
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- A transit pass and flexible hours, so you can get to and from work according to your schedule
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit
- And a whole lot more!
If you thrive working in high output, fast-paced environments, and you don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love to meet you!
- Date Posted:
- Apr 16, 2016 1:00 AM PDT
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Great stories bring people together! Wattpad is the world's largest community for discovering and sharing stories. It's a new form of entertainment connecting readers and writers through storytelling, and best of all, it's entirely free. With thousands of new stories added every day, an incredibly active community of readers, and the ability to read on your computer, phone, or tablet, Wattpad... more