We’re looking for someone enthusiastic, articulate, analytical and seasoned to join Shopify’s growth and marketing team in Toronto. If you’re a copywriting pro, drop us a line and tell us why you would be the perfect fit for this role.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Conversion focused copywriting principles with the ability to test and optimize.
- Strong portfolio with proven experience developing successful content that resonated with audiences and moved the needle.
- An understanding that excellent copy often comes from collaborative decision-making with marketers, designers, product managers, developers, UX researchers and other disciplines.
- Agile multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to handle fast turnaround times and multiple simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to convey highly technical information in an easily digestable manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Razor sharp attention to detail.
- Write a wide variety of materials, including: website copy, landing pages, AdWords copy, social ad copy, press releases, event copy, print advertising, newsletters, and more.
- Work with our data team and conversion rate optimizers to test and optimize copy for optimal performance.
- Ensure that our message is always clear, and that our voice remains consistent, professional and totally awesome.
- Write, rewrite, and edit copy for internal and external communications.
- Work with various departments to develop proper product positioning for launches.
- Help team with specific writing issues providing guidance on voice, tone, style, terminology, and more.
- Use copy as a vehicle to help our merchants get things done efficiently within the Shopify app.
If you think you're the right fit then send us a message along with your portfolio and we'll be in touch.
- Date Posted:
- Oct 1, 2014 1:00 AM PDT
Shopify is an Ottawa based commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at their retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, a point of sale system to power retail sales and a card reader to accept payments through a mobile phone. Shopify currently powers over 80,000 active online stores around the world,... more