FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Creative Director
FreshBooks has a very distinct brand. Our Creative Director will be a hands-on creative professional who is able to evolve and refine our visual identity and style both online and offline. You will lead a talented team of graphic and web designers responsible for FreshBooks.com and the companies advertising creative both online and offline. As a key member of the marketing leadership you will work closely with Product Development and Marketing to translate business goals into compelling brand experiences and design solutions.
Specifically this position includes:
- Directing the delivery of highly effective best practice campaigns and experiences across multiple platforms
- Being a highly collaborative and strategic business partner focused on delivering design solutions that drive results
- Evolving FreshBooks.com to improve site conversion, communicate our brand attributes as well as product capabilities and benefits
- Understanding target customers, buying behaviours, messaging and positioning
- Leading brand, marketing and advertising design across multiple channels including web, print and television and radio
- Mentoring and developing the skills of each Designer, encouraging them to consistently excel
- Setting, enforcing and maintaining our visual communication quality standards
- Managing and improving processes as well as the output of the Design team, while fostering creativity, collaboration and a positive work environment
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- You have a degree or diploma in Design or Marketing
- You have approximately ten years of experience including at least three in a leadership role
- You have substantial experience with brand positioning, web design and integrated campaigns
- You have led large campaigns that include online and offline components (Banners, social media, direct response, television and radio.]
- You have strong mentorship skills
- You have a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
- You have experience working across all platforms
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today along with a link to your excellent online portfolio. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 15, 2015 2:08 PM PDT
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for... more