Recently recognized as a Top 10 Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Places to Work Institute, Big Viking Games is a leading social and mobile game development studio. With headquarters in London, Ontario and a second studio in Toronto, Ontario, our team of developers, artists and game designers are industry specialists who embrace the challenges of HTML5, mobile, and social game development.
The primary responsibility of a full-time Customer Support Specialist is to provide support to the players. You will be on the front lines helping players with everything from billing issues to reporting bugs. You will be the voice of the players as well as the company & will work closely with the rest of the production team to ensure they are aware of what is important to the players and fans.
The Customer Support Specialist position calls London, ON home and is performed in shifts, 7 days a week.
You Will Be:
- Providing top notch support to the players in order to help resolve any support tickets
- Managing game communities and answering customer support emails
- Working alongside the QA team to help squash player-reported bugs
- Supporting marketing campaigns through different forums
- Ensuring content on community sites is correct & frequent
- Acting as a liaison between the players and product owners
You Will Need:
- 2+ years providing exceptional online customer support preferred
- Strong desire to always give customers premium treatment
- Excellent written communication skills, along with the ability to deliver information in an empathetic and concise manner
- General technical proficiency & internet savyness preferred
- Passion for online games
- Experience moderating forum discussion boards strongly preferred
- Experience in online gaming environment an advantage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a mastery in multi-tasking
- Previous experience in tech support and/or troubleshooting
Big Viking offers a unique opportunity to work for a leading game development company along with a variety of awesome perks, including:
- Competitive salaries with full health, dental & vision benefits
- A competitive vacation policy
- Stocked kitchen, hot catered lunches daily & ALL the snacks!
- Team building activities such as axe throwing, movies, Canada's Wonderland, and in-studio events
- Gaming lounge (competition grade foosball, XBox 360, Wii U, PS4)
- Free in-studio Registered Massage Therapist
As much as we would love to connect with everyone interested, only those applications submitted online will be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, no phone calls or onsite visits please.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 26, 2015 11:22 AM PDT
- Big Viking Games
- Big Viking Games
- London, Ontario, Canada
Big Viking Games is a leading social and mobile game development studio. The company focuses on making fans both externally and internally and has been recognized as the Globe and Mail's Top 100 Employer for 2014 and Top 50 Employer for Young People. With studios in London, Ontario and Toronto, Ontario our team of developers, artists and game designers are industry specialists who embrace the... more