We’re swimming in data and need someone to wrangle it. If you’re a talented, self-driven data analyst with a thirst for adventure at a fast-paced and growing business then look no further; we’ve got the position for you.
As our first “official” data analyst you’ll have myriad responsibilities that both drive and complement individual and company-wide decisions. This will range from things like basic Excel reports and KPI dashboards, to developing and improving revenue forecast models, to regression analysis and multi-channel attribution modeling.
Plus, you get to do all of this while developing a deeper understanding of SaaS business models, making a substantive difference, and building your career. What more could you want?
Based out of Liberty Village in Toronto, we are focused on developing online products that improve the lives of creative professionals. Our flagship product, Format.com, is an online portfolio platform used by creative professionals located across all 196 countries to showcase their body of work to peers, clients, employers and the world-at-large.
• Design and create simple, effective data visualizations and dashboards, ultimately aiding the team with decision support
• Mine datasets and analyze reports in order to provide meaningful insights around company performance and health, identify business opportunities/trends/risks, and inform/influence company strategy
• Work with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Product, Support, etc.) to define criteria, monitor and measure the success of various features, campaigns, and initiatives
• Identify and track key metrics by developing and managing automated reports
• Review, analyze, and incorporate historical trends into user forecast models
• Define, create, and implement tracking tags and events to feed data into a variety of tools
• Act as the go-to person for all data and metrics-related matters
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Economics, or related field
• 3+ years experience in a data analysis role or similar
• Strong background in creating forecast models, regression analysis, dashboarding, and reporting within a SaaS business model
• Can rapidly-prototype almost anything using Excel. Also, you know how to construct pivot tables, forecast data, derive basic statistics, and present results using tables and charts.
• High level of proficiency (or the ability to fake it and figure it out really quickly) in Google Analytics and SQL
• Advanced problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills, with an interest in digital consumer behaviour
• Excellent English communication and presentation skills that enable you to articulate complex technical matters to non-technical individuals
Bonus Points For:
• Demonstrable knowledge of the website-builder industry and/or creative online communities (such as Behance, dribbble, and VSCO Grid)
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, Omniscope, or QlikView
Why Join Format?
• We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role
• We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
• We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability
• We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny)
• We're proudly self-funded. We answer to our community and no one else!
• Some of our in-office perks include: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear, curating what music gets played over our office speakers, yummy catered lunches on Mondays, and drinking as much espresso as you need.
This is a full-time position based in Toronto, ON.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT http://format.com/jobs/data-analyst
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We are a company focused on creating online products that improve the lives of creatives around the world. Format is our first product, an online portfolio platform that enables any creative professional to showcase their body of work to clients, employers, patrons, as well as the world-at-large. more