Crazy Smart, Creative, Outgoing, Can Code and Loves Data. If you can explain binomial probability distributions to a five year old, are light hearted but hard working, you just might be the person we’re looking for. We’re looking to add another unicorn to our team (family).
Our analytics team helps drive business growth and product innovation by translating numbers into actionable insights, defining success metrics and benchmarks, and helping teams within HootSuite measure success and iterate -- all while isolating hidden correlations.
Attitude and raw talent are super important so depending on the level of experience, this could be a junior or intermediate role (hence the parentheses).
- Data preparation, collection, cleaning (using MySQL, R, Excel, and our BI tools)
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis to provide actionable insights and uncover growth opportunities
- Build reporting dashboards and metrics to help business units measure success
- Present and evangelize data insights and best practices within the organization (you can connect users to the market to the product to the data in a fun way)
- Help business units think through problems with data (but don’t forget about the feels)
Skills & Experience:
- Competencies associated with a Bachelor’s (or Master’s) Degree: Math, Statistics, Sciences, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering
- Knowledge of intermediate (advanced) statistics
- Must love tech, startups, social media, pivot tables, data visualization, hidden correlations, R, and 90’s sitcoms
- Eye stamina level 25 (for staring at spreadsheets for a long time)
- The ability to juggle multiple projects across a number of different initiatives and business units, while maintaining an impeccable attention to detail and executing at the highest level, and still being super fun and not grumpy (so basically, a unicorn)
- Google Analytics, BI tools (like GoodData or RJMetrics)
- SaaS or tech startup experience
- Date Posted:
- Jan 20, 2014 5:03 PM PST
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more