DISCOVERY STARTS HERE
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Samsung is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device and SW solutions. With the recent launch of Samsung KNOX™, we are now looking for experienced and talented individuals for our Vancouver lab to design, develop, test and support these new solutions in the global market 'responsibilities.'
Do you want to join an all-star team, and help build our business by utilizing data and analytics? If the answer is yes, then we are looking forward to meet you!
The Data Analyst works with a variety of stakeholders and team members to understand both the technical projects and the business needs, gathering user stories and documenting them for technical teams. They employs various quantitative modeling techniques and analytical methods to describe a system and glean useful insight to support better decision-making in a business environment. As a member of the Samsung R&D Team, this position involves working closely on strategic customer focused projects, combing high level math and analytics to extract insights from the data from a business perspective. There may be future Big Data projects related to the Samsung KNOX Platform which requires assistance.
• Working with stakeholders to gather and document user stories, both technical and functional documentation
• Analysis to assess the quality of the data and data reconciliation
• Perform further analysis to determine the meaning of the data
• Prepare reports based on analysis and present to management
• Analyzing and researching industry trends and facts in order to provide industry related subject matter expertise.
• Developing strategic modeling for analytical matters.
• Defining business problems, creating solution requirements, and developing analytical solutions (algorithms, models, simulations, financial models, licensing models, monetization models, etc.).
• Supporting business development initiatives for future analytics, and Big Data opportunities with our partners and internally at Samsung.
• Balancing competing priorities and work with a very high paced dynamic environment
• Future projects may include working with software development members for Big Data projects and research.
• 3+ years of as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst or in a similar techno-functional role
• Experience gathering requirements for software development projects
• Strong systematic and logical problem solving skills combined with strong business acumen.
• Exemplary attention to detail
• Must be proficient in writing complex queries in SQL, as you will be tested on this
• A strong mix of the following: Analytics/Operations Research– Statistical Analysis, Discrete Event Simulation, Mathematical Programming, Data Mining, Visual Analytics.
• Excellent verbal & written communication, with strong presentation skills.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Stats, Applied Math, Physics, Business from a University or equivalent.
• Post Graduate qualification in Operations Research, Business Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related field would be an asset
Nice to have:
• Previous experience in an Agile environment Experience with SAS Statistical Analysis Suite is considered an asset.
• Experience with other modeling tools/software such as Tableau, Spotfire, Optimization Software is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of BI and Time Series Analysis
• ML Experience: Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Neural Networks, Cluster Analysis, Decision Trees, SVM.
• Hands on with some of the following Matlab, Octave, R
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Feb 17, 2015 1:41 PM PST
- Samsung Electronics Canada
- Samsung Electronics Canada
- Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
SAMSUNG IS THE FUTURE… JOIN US! Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung. Samsung is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device... more