Vancouver, BC Canada
Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to transform messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 7 nests around the globe, you will have 900+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth every day.
You’ll also have the flexibility to take your skills where you want. Leadership track? Guru track? Whichever path you choose, you’ll play an active role in shaping how it all unfolds.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You are crazy smart, creative, outgoing, can code and you love data. You can explain binomial probability distributions to a five year old and are light hearted but hard working. You love tech, social media, pivot tables, data visualization, hidden correlations, R, and the Will Smith mid-2000’s slept-on masterpiece Hitch. You will be a part of our analytics team that helps drive business growth and product innovation by translating numbers into actionable insights, defining success metrics and benchmarks. You will help teams within Hootsuite measure success and iterate -- all while isolating hidden correlations. You write like Hemingway, present like Jobs, and data visualize like Tufte.
You’re Great at..
- Intermediate (advanced) statistics
- Staring at spreadsheets for extended periods of time and have an eye stamina level 25
- Juggling multiple projects across a number of different initiatives and business units, while maintaining an impeccable attention to detail and executing at the highest level, and still being super fun and not grumpy (so basically, a unicorn)
- Data preparation, collection, cleaning (using MySQL, R, Excel, and our BI tools)
- Building reporting dashboards and metrics to help business units measure success
- Presenting and evangelizing data insights and best practices within the organization (you can connect users to the market to the product to the data in a fun way)
- Helping business units think through problems with data (but don’t forget about the feels)
Google Analytics, BI tools (like Tableau or RJMetrics)
- SaaS or tech startup experience
- Date Posted:
- Jul 31, 2015 1:00 AM PDT
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more