FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Data Analyst (Marketing)
The Data Analyst will enable the Marketing team to derive insight from their data in an effort to generate customer growth and build a better product. You love to solve a problem and have a knack for translating data into insight and presenting that information to executives. You will be collaborating with a team that includes marketers, financial analysts, developers and data scientists all working together to drive growth at FreshBooks.
You will be:
- Consulting directly with internal clients to gather requirements and define the scope of information needed
- Designing, writing and implementing new reports and business intelligence tools
- Develop (plan, organize and design) complex SQL queries and reports
- Maintaining and improving existing reports and automated collection and analysis capabilities
- Translating data into useable information and insights for business group leaders and the executive team
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- A post-secondary degree focused on business, marketing or economics
- At least five years in data analytics and/or business intelligence
- At least three years using SQL (ideally MySQL)
- Quantitative background with strong analytical skillset
- Above average knowledge of Google Analytics (or a similar web analytics tool)
- Experience using a dashboarding tool such as Tableau
- Advanced Excel (macros, VBA)
- An understanding of Customer Lifetime Value, CPA and ROI in customer acquisition
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help shape how we build a world-class software start-up right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 20, 2016 1:00 AM PST
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for... more