If you want to change the world, work on a platform that is growing like mad and is impacting the lives of millions, we want to hear from you!
VarageSale is an online marketplace that brings people together to buy, sell and connect with their local community. Our addicted user base is growing rapidly and we're poised to impact a lot of lives!
You will be a critical member of our Data Team - you will be responsible for establishing a 'Data Lake' and designing and building a scalable, high-performance Data environment to support our ever-growing data needs and answer increasingly complex business questions.
You will help us build and evolve our data infrastructure and related SaaS products that process, transform and analyze data from our popular and rapidly growing platform. In this role you will utilizing the latest leading edge techniques in data science and engineering to help us gain invaluable insights into our communities and our users.
- Provide expert perspective on VarageSale’s strategy using industry best practices towards building and mantaining a scalable ‘Big Data’ environment
- Collaborate with the product management and engineering teams to support data driven product decisions
- Lead the execution of systems related to data - working cross-functionally.
- Establish, support, extend and enhance a data infrastructure that will serve as the basis for providing the data needed to drive the company to success.
- Support application development teams by consulting on query and DB management issues.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Advanced Math or a related technical field
- Experience designing effective high-performance data systems using SQL and Hadoop supporting large data-sets
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies quickly
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Involvement in the design and implementation of data centric technology products.
- A passion & expertise for data and data platforms - you have some ideas to make them better.
- Successful collaboration with top-tier engineering and product organizations and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, business management and customer care.
- Date Posted:
- May 8, 2015 1:02 AM PDT