We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who is inspired to be part of building a successful company and establishing reporting, processes and data infrastructure that will be used to guide business decisions towards that success.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively with analytics/data experts, business leaders, and executives inside and outside of Indochino to assess opportunities and develop data driven solutions for Indochino. Translate business objectives into data and analytics solutions using appropriate data engineering, analytics, visualization & dashboard applications. Architect, develop, test, debug and administer data engineering and analytics solutions. You will also play a critical role in technical discussions, evaluating, conceptualizing, designing and executing development plans for data warehousing components. The results you provide will drive operational direction and help identify new opportunities for the business.
- Design, build, and maintain all parts of the data warehousing and reporting infrastructure (requirements, ETLs, data modeling, OLAP, metrics, reporting etc.).
- Advise on integration points ensuring consistency and efficiency is maintained with the addition of data sources and queries.
- Address and troubleshoot data quality and data integrity issues. Build health checks on the data pipelines from application instrumentation through to data consumer front-ends.
- Work with the data infrastructure and engineering teams to ensure that all the required instrumentation and logging is in place to measure the performance of our devices and success of our product features.
- Provide decision-support to the business by running queries, building reports and predictive models - doing whatever it takes.
- The candidate must be able to work effectively with both technical and non-technical staff members from a variety of teams. The ability to self-manage while staying engaged with the rest of the team is crucial.
- Experience programming within Data Warehousing environments; knowledge of UNIX scripting (shell, Python and/or PERL) and SQL.
- Experience with MySQL, CouchDB (or other noSQL) nice to have
- Analytics and statistics (R)
- Deep understanding of data structures, programming and computer architecture.
- Experience with development lifecycle, especially testing and debugging with an eye for performance tuning.
- 2+ years Database Administrator (DBA) / Data Integration (ETL/ELT) experience required
- Bachelor's Degree or greater in Engineering, Statistical or Computer Science discipline
- 1+ years experience gathering requirements for, designing and implementing reporting systems and data warehouses; exposure to multiple database and DW tools nice to have. Up to date on latest DW and reporting technologies
- 1+ years in a consumer-facing or online business is a bonus
- MBA is a plus
To apply, send us your cover letter and resume directly via our website. Let's connect!
- Date Posted:
- Feb 26, 2014 11:44 AM PST
- Indochino Apparel Inc.
- Indochino Apparel Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Indochino is the leader in custom online menswear. We provide the modern gentleman with high quality menswear that fits your body perfectly. Our quick 10 minute measurement process can be done from the comfort of your own home; no tailor required. All of our products are hand tailored and delivered to any part of the world within 4 weeks. Indochino makes it easy and affordable for customers to... more