With great data comes great responsibility.
We’re Grouplend. We’re a data-driven, technology-enabled online lending platform. That’s a fancy way of saying we sell kick-ass loans on the internet. We’re on a mission to help Canadians avoid the traps of predatory lenders and outdated offerings from banks.
We’re improving on traditional underwriting models through high levels of scalable automation, machine learning algorithms, and other “big data” analysis to lower the cost of borrowing and improve the user experience for our clients.
Data is at the core of our DNA and we are looking for an experienced lead Data Engineer/Data Scientist to develop the architecture that helps analyze and process data for real time machine learning for risk, fraud and marketing purposes.
- You will be responsible for architecting systems to move, store, transform, and analyze large amounts of data
- You will have a direct impact on one of the key strengths and important differentiators of Grouplend while playing an integral role in all functions of the business
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or similar
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark or similar technologies
- Exceptional coding and analytical skills
- Prior experience designing, implementing and maintaining machine learning algorithms and other predictive analytics frameworks
- Experience building large-scale data pipelines and warehousing solutions
- Strong desire to continuously learn how to implement the latest technologies and analytical tools into our tech stack
- A burning passion to improve the financial lives of your fellow Canadians through innovative use of technology and data driven systems
- Competitive Salary
- Generous equity package
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Shiny new Apple laptop or desktop of your choice
- Catered lunches on Friday
- All the snacks you can eat
- All the beer, wine, coffee, tea, diet cran-pineapple-papaya-sparkling nectar juice (or any other refreshments) you can drink
- Dog-friendly office
- Beautiful Vancouver
- Date Posted:
- Oct 4, 2015 10:17 PM PDT
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Grouplend was born from a very simple idea: how would a bank be rebuilt starting with a blank sheet of paper? Cutting-edge software built by world-class engineers, and a data-driven approach powered by new-age credit minds and data scientists are our answer to that question. more