Nelson Education Ltd. is Canada’s leading educational publisher providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. Nelson values and respects the life long learning continuum and dedicates its business efforts to the diverse learning needs of students and educators alike.
Nelson Education Ltd. is active in Canada’s K-12, Higher Education, Professional Learning and Business, Industry & Government markets. Our success now and in the future is based on our strong partnerships and ongoing relationships with educators across the country. Together, we are making a positive difference in the lives of Canadians, by producing the highest quality educational product and services.
About the Opportunity
Nelson Education Ltd. has an opportunity for a Data Integration and Reporting Analyst in Toronto, Ontario.
Partnering with the Finance Department, our IT Systems and Application team provides technology support to the various business functions and offers solutions to assist the company in achieving its goals and mission.
As a valued part of this team, you will provide support and analysis to the user community in the company.Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing, designing, developing, testing and documenting ETL (Informatica) workflows from detailed and high level specifications, and assisting in the requirements analysis and subsequent developments;
- Working closely with both internal and external clients and liaising with product teams, sales, marketing and external vendors;
- Working with internal and external technology providers to translate integrations needs and requirements into specifications and optimal solutions;
- Designing and implementing technical enhancements of data warehouse (Cognos BI) as required;
- Validating business needs, making recommendations to analyze issues and business requirements and presenting to end user for resolution;
- Working with third party vendors to facilitate flow of data;
- Acting as key liaison with Cengage Learning for catalogue database issues (ORCA); and
- Managing user expectations and developing and creating processes that support end user requirements and expectations.
Your university degree is supported by a minimum of 3-5 years of information technology experience and 3 years of experience in both Informatica and Cognos BI. In addition, you also have knowledge of/experience in:
- XML incoming/outgoing data (ONIX schema preferred);
- Oracle, SQL, DB2/400;
- Multi-project management;
- Data Warehouse Life Cycle; and
- Data validation.
As a strong communicator, you are able to build trust with the end user community at all levels and influence and guide team members toward optimal solutions to meet developing and newly formed business needs.
This is a truly enjoyable role in which the ability to build and maintain strong relationships is key. You will find it extremely rewarding working with a first class product range that your clients love!
Nelson Education Ltd. is offering a competitive base salary with a generous incentive plan.
You can also look forward to a range of outstanding benefits including:
- Comprehensive benefits program
- Wellness Reimbursement Plan
- Matching Pension
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 3 Weeks Vacation to Start
- Paid Volunteer Day (Annual)
- Healthy Work/Life Balance
That's not all! At Nelson Education Ltd. you can look forward to working with a socially responsible employer where you can help your community by participating in a range of charitable activities.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a highly successful industry leader, apply today!
- Date Posted:
- Jul 28, 2014 10:44 AM PDT
- The Employment Office
Employment Office is a recruitment solutions organization that is expert in hiring processes and marketing. Our key strength lies in the development of unique and effective attraction strategies, deployed via cross-media marketing campaigns, to assist organizations in finding the best possible candidates at the lowest possible cost. more