Mobify is looking for an experienced Back-End software engineer with Machine Learning experience to join our Product team, based in downtown Vancouver, Canada.
You'll be designing and building core components of our next-generation platform serving billions of page views for some of the most recognized brands in the world. This means helping our customers understand the goals of visitors to their websites, physical stores, and smartphone app users, modelling their behaviour and automating activities that help visitors fulfill their goals.
Our Product team is a talented group of engineers and designers building innovative products, and as part of this team you'll be investigating and implementing experimental technologies and new approaches. From prototyping to deployment, you'll have input into each step of our agile development process. As a Machine Learning Engineer at Mobify you'll help build what has never been built before and you thrive on this challenge.
You'll utilize your expertise in analyzing big data and writing complex algorithms to understand predictable usage for mobile commerce.
This is an intermediate to senior level position, and is also on-site. Candidates must be in or willing to relocate to Vancouver, Canada.
Want to find out more? Check out our open source projects, engineering or culture blog.
- Have strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures, and are an expert in at least one programming language; preferably Python but we like engineers who are programming polyglots, tell us about it in your application!
- Have recent, demonstrable, real-world experience in machine learning: for example, you developed algorithms and explored approaches to problems such as contextual decision making, discovering new clusters, content targeting and optimization, ranking, prediction, and classification
- Have an established record of shipping product either independently or as part of a small team
- Have a background in web, distributed systems & networking
- Are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about modern web technologies
- Apply machine learning, data mining and graph analysis techniques for user behaviour modelling and recommendation generation involving real-user eCommerce web telemetry data
- Work with huge and continuously growing data
- Design real-time & near real-time algorithms that “drink from the data firehose"
- Rapidly prototype solutions
- Work with a talented team to design great software
- Develop scalable systems
- Participate in scrum-agile software development environment
- Share a link to your GitHub repository, a contribution you have made to an open source project, a cool blog post or other code that we can look at
- You've worked with large-scale or real-time data before
- You've been on a team that shipped a product that used ML or data mining techniques as a core product feature
- You're a programming polyglot and an "Expert" in more than one programming language
- You're active on blogs, Twitter, Hacker News or other places where cool engineers hang out
- You have experience working in a startup environment
- You want to tackle world-class technology problems and change the way the world uses the web
- You are passionate about technology, the web and making it amazing and accessible on every device
- You love to work with really smart and interesting people who have authored books, written plays, attended university at the age of 12, rowed across the Atlantic Ocean and more
- You want to work with a company that supports knowledge sharing and learning via open-sourcing, meetups, conferences, blog posts, articles and tweets
- Convenient downtown location in beautiful Vancouver, Canada
- Competitive salary, great benefits and yoga classes and kettlebell classes right at the office!
Mobify (www.mobify.com) is the mobile shopping platform of choice for leading global retailers. We power shopping around the world through web, apps and brick and mortar stores.
Mobify's platform empowers marketers and developers at companies like Ann Taylor, Crocs, ideeli, Leading Hotels of the World, British Telecom and Beyond the Rack to deliver exceptional mobile shopping experiences that improve customer experience, and grow revenue.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada