BuildDirect is a privately held technology company that is knocking down walls, changing the foundation and building a smarter, simpler and empowered home improvement industry. With our BuildDirect Demand Rank™ and BuildDirect Product Rank™ custom analytic and forecasting tools, we can identify in real-time, consumer interest in a product, its competitiveness in the marketplace, and locations it will best perform.
We love the people we work with and the culture we’ve built. For us, curiosity is a mindset that sees a problem as the start of a great solution. We believe the best learning and greatest discoveries come from trying, even if you fail. We love that we aren’t perfect, but every day we are trying to get better at what we do.
BuildDirect is seeking a senior motivated data-driven professional to join us in our Vancouver Headquarters. As an Data Scientist, you’ll lead our analytics team working with our exceptionally rich data and implement business-impacting predictive models and decision support systems in a fast-paced environment.
With a diverse opportunity to impact all facets of our organization, you’ll engage in complex customer analysis and reporting including discovering patterns of customer behavior and value, campaign performance and promotion results as well as predictive inventory forecasting and supply-chain trending and reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Partner and collaborate with business and product management to plan, design, build, test, and launch data-driven solutions
- Design and develop end-to-end computational and statistical solutions to support BuildDirect marketing, customer management, and servicing activities
- Work with technologists and business partners to develop solutions that mine complex digital behavioral data and transform it into actionable information
- Develop and drive execution of roadmaps for the analytics team across channels, functions, and groups within marketing to achieve channel integration of marketing initiatives.
- Scope out project requirements, time estimates for delivery and resource needs.
- Present results of complex analytic problems to business, non-technical audience
- Communicate with business leadership and present findings in the form of recommendations.
- Develop and maintain reports to monitor key metrics and trends in SQL - Server Reporting Services
- Assist in maintaining the Marketing data mart
- Manage Google Analytics profiles and the integration between Google - - Analytics and our Marketing data mart
What You’ll Achieve
- Lead data analytics team. Outline vision & strategy. Train other team members in modeling and analytical techniques.
- Develop and enhance models for lead grading, inventory forecasting, product promotion and customer targeting
- Develop tools & models to assist Merchandizing and Procurement to identify opportunities and trends using our sales and web data.
- Evaluate and enhance key KPIs and direct development of dashboards for the Executive Team, Product Category Managers & Merchandizing
- Become an expert in our reporting and data environment.
- Leverage our data to identify at least 2 new opportunities for growth
What You Need to Know
- Knowledge of statistical methods & modeling, testing methodologies, predictive modeling and clustering an asset.
- Self-starter who is able to clearly communicate, present and capably illustrate even the most complex issues
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in database marketing, direct marketing, and/or CRM, either in a highly analytical agency or client side environment
- A fervor for big data and its vast potential
- Strong SQL skills, ideally experienced with MS SQL Server an asset
- Experience with web analytics such as Google Analytics or Omniture.
- Comfortable working with data. Willing to “get hands dirty” digging through data to generate an understanding of information structures.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma, preferably within statistics, mathematics, economics or a technology focused degree
- Software development experience a plus
What You Must Have
- An audacious spirit that embraces uncertainty and challenges with enthusiasm
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit that has grit, determination and challenges the status quo
- High degree of empathy and the ability to see other’s perspective
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better everyday
- Date Posted:
- Jan 20, 2015 11:04 AM PST
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
BuildDirect is a technology company that is knocking down walls, changing the foundation and building a smarter, simpler and empowered home improvement industry. With its BuildDirect Demand Rank™ and BuildDirect Product Rank™ custom analytic and forecasting tools, the company can identify in real-time, consumer interest in a product, its competitiveness in the marketplace, and locations it will... more