Mobify is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team. As a Data Scientist, you’ll get to dig into over 100 enterprise companies’ customer data to discover how shoppers are shifting their behaviour in the changing mobile world. You will study the effects of our cutting edge technology and your findings will be used to advise VPs at Internet Retailer 500 companies.
This role requires you to combine your expertise in statistics and computer programming, and, in return, offers interesting challenges and great support. You will not be bogged down on a narrowly focused team; rather, you will work with our super talented Data Team to perform analysis for multiple research projects across the organization. As a technology company, Mobify has a host of talented engineers from whom you can learn and we’re growing fast. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves finding meaning in the numbers and seeing that insight put to use.
What You’ll Do
- Acquire, process, and analyze data from all of our main data sources, including our own data pipeline, Google Analytics and Salesforce
- Turn that data into insights that we can use for strategic decisions and thought leadership
- Manage multiple projects and ad hoc analysis from internal requests
Who You Are
- You have worked in industry as a Data Scientist for at least 1 year
- You have at least 1 year of experience working with Python or R
- You have at least 1 year of experience working with SQL
- You have a computer science or statistics background (either a degree in computer science with statistics or are a statistics/math major with experience in computer programming)
- You can write code unassisted to interface with APIs to gather, clean and analyze large data sets
- You are well-versed with experimental design and hypothesis testing
- You have experience with statistical models and regression analysis (minimum 400-level university statistics)
- You have knowledge of web analytics and enjoy finding data in the noise
- You have experience presenting complex concepts in clear, concise terms
- You are a strong communicator who enjoys sharing knowledge and information
- You love working as part of a team and can juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- You have strong presentation skills
- You are a data visualization wizard
- You have advanced Excel skills
- You have at least 1 year of experience working with Apex
- You have experience working with the Salesforce API
Mobify (www.mobify.com) is the mobile commerce platform of choice for leading Fortune 500 companies and drives hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue across web, apps, and in-store every year.
Our technology empowers marketers and developers at companies like Crocs, Starbucks, ideel, Leading Hotels of the World, British Telecom, and Beyond the Rack to deliver phenomenal mobile experiences that surprise and delight their customers.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mobify powers the mobile shopping experiences of leading global retailers like Ann Taylor, Crocs, Superdry, Eddie Bauer and Beyond the Rack. Our platform enables online retailers to use all their existing digital commerce tools across smartphones, tablets, apps and in-store technology in a way that is fast to implement, easy to manage, and accelerates business growth. Established in 2007,... more