We are in search for mulitple new team members to join our fast paced, growing Analytics team. Our team prides itself in their entrepreneurial working environment, ability to successfully interface directly with our Boeing partners and creating analytical solutions focused directly on solving real business problems.
Our Data Scientists are responsible for analyzing multiple data sources and applying various analytical techniques including machine learning, data mining, text mining, optimization, predictive modelling, and others to provide data driven insights for the creation of analytical based tools for use in Digital Aviation, an area of the Boeing Commercial Airplanes Organization.
What you'll do:
- Work as part of Data Scientists, Operations Researchers, Visual Analysts, and others, working on analytical, aviation focused business problems to define customer problems, create solution requirements, develop analytical solutions (algorithms, models, simulations, etc.), verify/validate results and support implementation of any recommendations.
- Work with a mix of sensitive and public data to clean, organize, and prepare data for analysis.
- Understand structure of problem in order to recommend and implement appropriate modeling approach.
- Build and maintain prognostics, diagnostics and prescriptive models for specific business problems.
- Analyze and research industry trends and facts in order to provide industry related subject matter expertise.
- Act as a point of contact with customers and internal team on strategic modeling and analytical matters.
- Support business development initiatives for future analytics opportunities.
Who you are:
- You have 3-7 years' real world experience in an analytical business environment.
- You're experienced and proficient with some of the following analytical methodologies: machine learning, data mining, text mining, optimization, predictive modelling, and big data analytics
- You have mastered some of the following analytical tools/modeling languages: Python, R, Tableau, SAS.
- At a minimum you have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, (or equivalent quantitative field).
- You have great communication skills, and can share ideas with colleagues and explain complex ideas to non-technical clients
- You can handle multiple competing deadlines and work in a fast pace changing environment
- You love having fun at work and love working with other really smart and fun people
- You have the ability to travel to the US as required by business.
Bonus points for:
- Experience using Big Data analytics technologies is considered an asset. (Eg. Spark, Revolution R, etc)
- It is an asset to have aviation industry specific knowledge or experience of any kind (maintenance, engineering, airlines, airplanes, etc.).
- Date Posted:
- Aug 17, 2015 3:37 PM PDT
- Boeing Canada - AeroInfo
- Boeing Canada - AeroInfo
- Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
For the past twenty years, we’ve been a leading provider of software solutions for The Boeing Company and its airline customers. The Boeing name has helped us build a workforce of creative, dedicated professionals who share our vision and our enthusiasm. We continue to look for the strongest IT talent and the brightest minds we can find. more