FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is building its analytics capabilities in the marketing team. This position requires someone who loves to roll up their sleeves and dig into data to come up with insights for the team. Primarily you will be working on building and maintaining predictive models to assist in growth, pulling in data from various sources, mashing it together and presenting the results through reports or data visualizations. The best person for this role will be a natural problem solver with a strong technical background as well as some business experience with marketing.
- MSc or higher in a quantitative field
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with a statistical software (ideally R) and a scripting language (ideally Python)
- Experience using SQL (ideally MySQL)
- Data Mining and Machine Learning experience
- A highly collaborative and team oriented mindset
- Great communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in simple terms
- Familiarity planning and analyzing A/B and multivariate tests
- Knowledge of Bayesian Statistics
- Predictive modelling experience using R or Python
- Experience with GIT or similar version control tool
- Experience using Spark or Hadoop
- Previous experience at a startup or SaaS company
Why Join Us?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. In this role you will be working at the forefront of marketing analytics surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for building an amazing software company right here in downtown Toronto. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we’d like to meet you. Feel free to send us links to your github account and/or Kaggle profile if you have them.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 12, 2016 1:00 AM PST
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for... more