If you want to change the world, work on a platform that is growing like mad and is impacting the lives of millions, we want to hear from you!
VarageSale is an online marketplace that brings people together to buy, sell and connect with their local community (varagesale.com). Our addicted user base is growing rapidly and we're poised to impact a lot of lives!
We have an exciting year ahead of us with some big plans and awesome data challenges to be solved! We’re looking for a Data Scientist to help us grow and foster a culture that uses data to support the decisions that we make on a daily basis - help us establish a Big Data practice at VarageSale!
- Provide expert perspective on VarageSale’s strategy using industry best practices, data/insights.
- Collaborate with the product management and engineering teams to support data driven product decisions
- Gather data and insights on user behaviours and community growth
- Build and test hypotheses using Data to support decisions across the organization.
- Lead the execution of projects related to data - working cross-functionally.
- Tell stories with data. Develop insights that will enhance our organization and present recommendations to senior leadership. Help us make a better VarageSale.
- Establish, support, extend and enhance a data infrastructure that will serve as the basis for providing the data needed to drive the company to success.
- Support application development teams by consulting on query and DB management issues.
- An advanced degree (M.S., PhD.), preferably in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics, or a related technical field
- Experience designing effective data systems using SQL and Hadoop
- A track record of performing extensive data analysis with large data-sets
- Experience using statistics to solve complex business problems
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies quickly
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Involvement in the design and implementation of data centric technology products.
- A passion & expertise for data and data platforms - you have some ideas to make them better.
- Successful collaboration with top-tier engineering and product organizations and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, business management and customer care.
Points points for experience wth the following:
- Date Posted:
- Apr 2, 2015 7:20 PM PDT