Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mogo (TSX: GO) is building a digital financial brand for the next generation of Canadians by offering convenience, transparency and a more engaging customer experience. With 135,000 members and growing, we are using technology and design to not only transform the way consumers access financial solutions (it takes only about three minutes to create a MogoAccount online), but also enable them to take control of their financial health. Savvy members can get out of debt faster through our unique Level Up program, spend responsibly with one of our cool free reloadable Mogo Prepaid Visa cards, and keep on top of payments by signing up for Mogo’s text and email alerts. To learn more about Mogo—recently referred to as the potential “Uber of banking” by CNBC, Toronto Star, and others—visit mogo.ca.
Mogo is looking for a Data Scientist to be a key member of Mogo’s senior analytics think tank; responsible for the architecture, integration and analysis of both traditional and non-traditional data sources used for model building & machine learning. Check out the list of qualifications below and if this sounds like you, send us your resume - we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Model development across the following departments – Credit, Fraud, Collections & Marketing
- Employ machine learning, Neural Networks, Random Forests & other best in class modelling techniques to impact business bottom line across multiple departments
- Integrate non-traditional data with traditional financial data to build on 1 of Mogo’s core competencies of being a data driven, technology company
- Effectively communicate complex and technical analyses to senior management with the opportunity to help drive business strategy & roadmap in this high impact role
- Act as thought leader in the area of data/analytics/technology & champion the latest cutting edge techniques to keep Mogo at the forefront of the fast paced FinTech world
Skills and Experience:
- Science Degree (BS or MS)
- Experience prototyping & developing models in some/all of the following : SQL / Hadoop / Spark / R / Python or similar technologies
- World class coding, modelling and analytical skills combined with strong work ethic & desire to make a difference
- Prior experience with big data, machine learning algorithms & other predictive analytics tools
- Object orientated programming experience a plus (Java, C++ etc.)
- Highly motivated to disrupt the financial establishment & help get Canadians out of debt
- Date Posted:
- Feb 12, 2016 1:01 AM PST
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Do More, Spend Less This generation is the first to grow up in an internet world. Every day, new companies are being created that leverage the power of the internet and technology to bring a new level of convenience to almost everything we do. Whether it's using Uber instead of your own car, or renting an apartment in Paris through Airbnb instead of shelling out for a pricey hotel room, these... more