Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mogo (TSX: GO) is not a bank—by design. It’s a financial technology company for the next generation of Canadians by offering convenience, transparency and a more engaging customer experience. With over 200K members and growing, we are using technology and design to not only transform the way consumers access financial solutions (it takes only about three minutes to create a MogoAccount online), but also empower them to take control of their financial health. Savvy members can get out of debt faster through our unique Level Up program, spend responsibly with one of our cool free reloadable Mogo Platinum Prepaid Visa cards, and keep on top of payments by signing up for Mogo’s text and email alerts. To learn more about Mogo—recently referred to as the potential “Uber of finance” by CNBC, Toronto Star, and others—visit mogo.ca.
Mogo is looking for a Data Scientist to be a key member of Mogo’s senior analytics think tank; responsible for the architecture, integration and analysis of both traditional and non-traditional data sources used for model building & machine learning. Check out the list of qualifications below and if this sounds like you, send us your resume - we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Model development across the following departments – Credit, Fraud, Collections & Marketing
- Employ machine learning, Neural Networks, Random Forests & other best in class modelling techniques to impact business bottom line across multiple departments
- Integrate non-traditional data with traditional financial data to build on 1 of Mogo’s core competencies of being a data driven, technology company
- Effectively communicate complex and technical analyses to senior management with the opportunity to help drive business strategy & roadmap in this high impact role
- Act as thought leader in the area of data/analytics/technology & champion the latest cutting edge techniques to keep Mogo at the forefront of the fast paced FinTech world
What you'll need:
- Science Degree (BS or MS)
- Experience prototyping & developing models in some/all of the following : SQL / Hadoop / Spark / R / Python or similar technologies
- World class coding, modelling and analytical skills combined with strong work ethic & desire to make a difference
- Prior experience with big data, machine learning algorithms & other predictive analytics tools
- Object orientated programming experience a plus (Java, C++ etc.)
- Highly motivated to disrupt the financial establishment & help get Canadians out of debt
- Date Posted:
- Feb 12, 2016 1:01 AM PST
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mogo (TSX: GO) is not a bank—by design. It’s a financial technology company focused on offering Canadians a more convenient and engaging digital alternative to the banks. With over 200K members and growing, we are using technology and design to offer consumers online and mobile access to solutions that are designed to help recover and improve their financial health. Whether looking to borrow... more