WorkSafeBC is seeking a senior contractor with a minimum of six years of DB2 LUW V9.7 FP9 (running on Windows 2008 RS) operational database administration experience for a three-month assignment.
What you’ll do
You will perform normal database maintenance activities including but not limited to: replication set up/configuration (SQL replication using IBM’s Information Integrator), backup, restore, quiesce, runstats, reorg, and create and manage databases.
Is this a good fit for you?
You have experience with:
• SAN storage technologies
• large (5 – 10) TB databases
• scripting database tasks
• bufferpool optimization
• memory management (preference to candidates with experience with large member implementations (400+ GB) on multi-core (16 – 32 core) Intel servers in environments dealing with 20 – 30 million database transactions per day
• database configuration optimization
• snap-shot cloning of databases is desirable
• DRP architectures is desirable
• troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving database problems, preferably using either Foglight/Foglight PA and/or Optim Performance Manager
• documenting operational processes and mentoring other DBA staff in their use
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the almost 2.3 million workers and 210,000 employers in our province.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to ISDDSRFP@worksafeBC.com and reference SDBADB2LUW.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we are only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further. We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals.
Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 16, 2014 11:32 AM PDT
WorkSafeBC is dedicated to promoting workplace health and safety for the workers and employers of this province. We consult with and educate employers and workers and monitor compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. In the event of work-related injuries or diseases, WorkSafeBC works with the affected parties to provide return-to-work rehabilitation, compensation, health care benefits, and a... more