Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Autodata Solutions is looking for a Database Administrator to join their London, Ontario office.
As a part of a technical team, the Database Administrator maintains and controls access to testing and production of data set across multiple platforms. You will design, implement, operate and maintain databases including monitoring, back-up and recovery procedures, performance tuning and implementing database change management. This role requires strong familiarity with both MSSQL and MySQL database systems.
- Design logical and physical databases and review descriptions of changes to database design to understand how changes affect the physical database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method)
- Establish physical database parameters, code database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to database management system or direct others in coding database descriptions
- Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues
- Specify user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve
- Interact with Developers to effectively explore, investigate and implement requirements as they apply to database technology
- Perform database maintenance, patching, backup & recovery as needed
- Post secondary education in Computer Systems Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years experience in MySQL and MSSQL Server Administration, data dictionary creation, data modeling & updating, database startup & shutdown, setup, backup & recovery, SQL scripting (PL-SQL, Triggers & Stored Procedures), performance tuning, replication, data warehousing and log shipping
- Working knowledge Microsoft Windows Cluster, SQL Server Cluster setup & AlwaysOn
- Experience with data modeling tools
- Ability to be on-call as part of the team rotation, a good attitude, reliable, ability to adapt quickly and effectively manage priorities
- Experience with Mongo and/or Oracle Administration an asset
Autodata Solutions is a technology integration and products company serving the world's auto industry with data aggregation, syndication, technology and custom solutions. It is our mission to provide online applications and customer solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain. We have a broad production and operations footprint with hosting facilities across North America using a wide variety of technologies, stacks and hybrid-cloud infrastructure.
Why work with us? Well here are some of the reasons we think we’re pretty great:
- Been around for 25 years & nominated as a ‘Great Place to Work’ several times
- Over 250 technical minds to collaborate with on a daily basis right here in London
- Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday events and other out of office happenings including summer barbeques, golf tournaments, skating and ice hockey
- An active Wellness Committee that organizes corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams, monthly on-site massage and lunch-time yoga classes
- Ongoing community outreach helping Toys for Tots, the United Way, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Periodical Bake Sales, Raffles, Auctions and more!
Apply for this role directly using the following link: http://autodata.applytojob.com/apply/Qhwq2u/Sql-Database-Administrator.html. We look forward to hearing from you! For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 11, 2015 1:01 AM PDT
- Autodata Solutions
- Autodata Solutions
- London, Ontario, Canada
Autodata Solutions is a technology integration and products company serving the world's largest auto manufacturers and their partners with data aggregation, syndication, technology and custom solutions. It is our mission to provide custom solutions and online applications that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumer’s driveways. We have a... more