Join Techvibes Employer of the Year in 2013.
Building disruptive, cutting edge products requires an awesome and experienced DBA to operationally support rapid growth and DB technology adoptions in a highly reliable and secure environment.
We’re on the hunt for an experienced DBA who has "been there and done that" when it comes to setting up and administering databases of all kinds both in the cloud and in house. Reporting into our Production Operations team, you will be on a team of the best of the best, riding the rocket ship of growth and dealing with the DB operations challenges that come with the rapid pace. If that sounds like fun, join us!
Read about some of the things we're doing here: http://code.hootsuite.com
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience supporting a 24x7 mission critical eCommerce MySQL and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch) environment.
- Responsible for all phases of database administration on our production environment, with emphasis on rapid deployment, performance troubleshooting, database tuning, analytical problem solving and business customer support.
- Required to develop and maintain database monitoring tools and automation systems, maintain and create documentation for HOWTOs, standards and best practices, and serve as a key technical expert in day-to-day operations and act as an escalation point for incident management scenarios (24x7 2nd tier on-call support).
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years of DBA experience with 2+ years MySQL experience and 3+ years supporting a high transactional 24x7 database environment.
- Experience with Installation and configuration of local and multi-datacenter MySQL Replication, with both Master-Slave and Master-Master replication.
- Experience with Corosync clusters and shell scripting.
- Strong Experience in database performance tuning and optimization of MySQL processes and queries.
- Thorough understanding of RDBMS system and architecture with emphasis on high-availability MySQL configurations.
- Competency in database server specification, performance tuning and analysis.
- Strong Experience in database disaster recovery planning and recovery.
- Experience with configuration, maintenance backup and recovery of MongoDB clusters
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex database administration problems.
- Thorough understanding of database performance monitoring and analysis tools.
- Ability to work with database developers and engineers to analyze and resolve database performance issues.
- Team-player, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid project management skills, detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Experience/Competency in performing Linux Administration tasks.
Education: BS/MS - Computer or relevant engineering discipline strongly desired.
- Strong Problem Solver
- Date Posted:
- Jun 20, 2014 2:47 PM PDT
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more