SLYCE is a funded technology company located in the heart of Toronto, Canada. We are in the business of leveraging really powerful technologies to make the day-to-day tasks for people dead simple. SLYCE uses proprietary image recognition and computational linguistics to make images online clickable for product search. We have recently begun expanding our development team and are looking for really talented engineers to join our team. Culture fit is a big deal for us, so we
like to like to get to know potential co-workers really well. When contacting us, let your code speak for itself and your personality shine through.
We are currently seeking a database engineer to join the IT Infrastructure team to help build and maintain large scale database and application systems. We are looking for someone who can work with our CTO to build and support a wide range of internal databases that SLYCE needs to scale and maintain our line of business. Because we are a start-up, every team member’s ideas will be explored. You must be a self-starter and you must REALLY love to code. You should have significant experience in maintaining large data sets, data integrity and DB optimization. We thrive to build the best applications. You will work closely with our CBIR and back-end engineers to integrate and maintain our API’s.
• Build, scale and administer SLYCE’s internal databases based on the requirements of the active projects
• Own the technical stack from end-to-end: from servers to databases to applications
• Devise next generation large scale distributed databases and application systems
• Maintain database integrity and support database optimization
• API query maintenance
• Import new products and large scale data sets on a regular basis
• Work in collaboration with product management to define and continually refine the development roadmap.
• Create tests, demos and documentation around new features and functionality.
• B.S. or better in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years’ database engineering and administration experience in Linux platforms
• Strong knowledge in database performance tuning and troubleshooting (Master/slave, Load balancing)
• Strong knowledge in relational database design and Linux system administration
• MySQL (NoSQL experience highly preferred including Hadoop)
• Expert knowledge in PHP
• Skylar (queries/indexing)
• Experience with code repositories (i.e GIT)
• Well organized and a willingness to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
SLYCE is looking for a fulltime commitment for this position. We offer a competitive salary and a great location in the heart of Toronto. We also offer a great employee stock option plan; we sincerely believe to build a successful company, everyone involved needs to have ownership.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted:
- Jun 2, 2014 8:49 AM PDT