We have an immediate and exciting opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated, and talented Database Engineer to join our Technology team in Richmond, BC. In this position you will join a team building out core Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data services and web applications for the Move organization.
In this role you will participate in all stages of the engineering lifecycle and play a role in influencing the architecture and technical direction taken by the team. You will be able to make an impact through leadership and individual contribution, collaborating closely with a team of talented professionals to produce industry-leading web applications and services at one of the principal software development shops in BC.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Participate in the development and support of CRM capabilities meeting organizational business needs
• Work as part of a cross-functional feature team to deliver complete, high-quality, end-to-end solutions
• Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, and work on removing impediments
• Responsible for technical design, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
• Assist in identifying and mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
• Participate in peer design and code reviews
• Deliver quality code by applying sound development practices
• Contribute to guidelines and coding standards used for building databases and components that are easy to maintain, troubleshoot, and test
• Collaborate with production DBA and other development teams
• Propose solutions/improvements based on latest industry innovation and trends
• Provide input into process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
• 2+ years of experience building scalable, high availability database systems
• Expertise in database modeling
• Expertise in both logical and physical database design
• Experience with large databases and distributed database environment
• Proficiency in T-SQL
• Good knowledge and experience with performance optimization
• Experience with the latest SQL Server versions including SQL Server 2008 / SQL Server 2012
• Knowledge of service oriented architecture
• Experience with Big Data and cloud based database technologies is an asset
• NoSQL experience like MongoDB is an asset
• Excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills
• Ability to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
• Strong analytic skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimal or no supervision and maintain focus on the quality of deliverables with a results-based orientation
What we offer …
• Challenging work that delivers innovative solutions to our customers
• Cutting edge software delivery methodology and software development tools
• Exposure to enterprise level software development and delivery platforms
• Continuous learning and training to build deep product, technical, and professional skills; and
• Competitive rewards and benefits
• Opportunities for career advancement and mobility
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.movecareers.ca and select “Database Engineer” from the list of available positions. We thank all applicants in advance and will directly contact those who are selected for interviews.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 27, 2014 12:37 PM PDT
- Move Canada
Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries! We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and... more