Rubikloud is growing at a rapid rate and we are looking for a passionate, data-enthusiast to join our team!
What the Database Engineer will be responsible for:
- Owns and manages all data within the company from ingestion to data warehousing and everything in-between. This includes:
- Data sanity checking and verification
- Data sanitization
- Scaling database systems
- Moving data between various systems
- Ensuring reliability, availability, and consistency of all data
- Maintains and manages the automation around all database clusters
- Responsible for how our developers interact with the data. That includes:
- Creating an abstraction layer for developers to access data
- Maintains access controls
To be successful, you should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or equivalent experience
- Experience managing and deploying multi-node Cassandra clusters
- Expert knowledge of RDBMS
We would love it if you...
- Have experience working with Cassandra, Postgres, MongoDB, HDFS, Oracle, SQL Server, Aurora
To apply, please submit your resume and code sample (Github username will suffice) to email@example.com. We thank all that apply, only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 19, 2015 11:21 AM PST
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Rubikloud is a retail intelligence platform focused on turning retail data into revenue. Most analytics or big data companies are repackaging static reporting tools or open source libraries that were not built for retail. Using modern data science techniques we help retailers optimize their business for every channel (e-commerce, mobile, and brick and mortar). The Rubikloud platform does three... more