Rubikloud is growing at a rapid rate and we are looking for a passionate, data-enthusiast to join our team!
What the Database Engineer will be responsible for:
- Owns and manages all data within the company from ingestion to data warehousing and everything in-between. This includes:
- Data sanity checking and verification
- Data sanitization
- Scaling database systems
- Moving data between various systems
- Ensuring reliability, availability, and consistency of all data
- Maintains and manages the automation around all database clusters
- Responsible for how our developers interact with the data. That includes:
- Creating an abstraction layer for developers to access data
- Maintains access controls
To be successful, you should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or equivalent experience
- Experience managing and deploying multi-node Cassandra clusters
- Expert knowledge of RDBMS
We would love it if you...
- Have experience working with Cassandra, Postgres, MongoDB, HDFS, Oracle, SQL Server, Aurora
To apply, please submit your resume and code sample (Github username will suffice) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all that apply, only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 19, 2015 11:21 AM PST
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The retail industry is in the beginning of a massive global transformation. Rubikloud aims to solve some of the most significant data-driven problems preventing retailers from capitalizing on this transformation. These include: 1) Connecting and cleansing data from across multiple channels in a single system (online, offline, and mobile) 2) Understanding customer behaviour across all of these... more