Expa is a startup studio that works with founders to develop and launch new products. After a decade of designing and building consumer services, the studio team has identified many techniques that help create successful companies. This experience and expertise is being integrated into a platform used to increase a startup's chance of success.
One of our portfolio companies is looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, UX designers and copywriters. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given userexperience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Three or more years of experience and proven track record
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview
- Hands on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Quartz
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Date Posted:
- Mar 31, 2016 3:32 PM PDT
- Expa, LLC