Design at Shopify
We are a team of 60+ designers who work on a product used by small fashion boutiques, global brands, and everything in between. There are over 200k+ merchants who use our software daily. As a designer at Shopify youâre expected to create a beautiful product that empowers our merchants to run their businesses without getting in their way and pushes the boundaries of the world of commerce. You need to be able to identify problems, perform research, prototype solutions and ship features, sometimes all in the same week.
We value design first and it shows in the high calibre of our software. We are a friendly, collaborative team, who leave their ego at the door, and care about the right solution above everything else.
You'll need to have:
- Proficiency with prototyping tools (Sketch), as well as knowledge of HTML, CSS, and GitHub
- Passion about solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of design (strategy, IA, art direction, interaction design and research)
- The ability to collaborate well with developers, user researchers, copywriters and other sister disciplines.
- Exceptional UI abilities shown in an extensive portfolio of live projects
- Be a representative of our merchants in discussions of new products and overall product strategy
- Be an advocate for good user experience across our platform
- Ship high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototype solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Contribute to our growing design system of patterns in an effort to bridge a coherent look and feel across the Shopify experience
- Share and revise your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and merchant feedback
Please make your cover letter out to Kevin Finlayson.
- Date Posted:
- Dec 10, 2015 12:37 PM PST
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single... more