Expedia® CruiseShipCenters® is looking for a talented Developer to join the development team responsible for the design, build and maintenance of the web applications. This position reports into the Senior Developer, Team Lead.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Write simple, scalable code and the unit tests to support it;
• Analyze impacts of new requirements to existing applications;
• Generate solution architecture and high level design documents;
• Participate in all aspects of software development maintenance;
• Troubleshoot existing processes to solve performance/logic bugs and resolve production issues when they appear;
• Participate in code reviews to ensure quality standards are met and assist in developing coding processes & standards;
• Collaborate with other Expedia® CruiseShipCenters® and Expedia, Inc. Developers as well as Program Managers, Team Leaders, and Senior Management to identify business requirements, document business requirements obtain sign off for all affected stakeholders and obtains approval to proceed;
• Ensure the solutions implemented meet the requirements and expectations of the stakeholders and delivered on time and budget;
• Participate in estimating, scheduling, prioritization of development work with the technical team;
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
What you bring to the team...
• 2-4 years of experience developing front and/or back end Web applications.
• Well-versed with object-oriented programming and .NET.
• Knowledge and/or experience with HTML, CSS, jQuery (Asset).
• Experience with multi-tier Web applications.
• Experience in developing database applications using Microsoft SQL Server.
• Ability to investigate and identify software bugs.
• Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects.
• Superior organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines effectively.
• Excellent communication skills and strong team play
• Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player
• Strong experience with Visual Studio 2010 and Team Foundation Server
• B.Sc. in Computer Science (Asset)
About Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®
Established in 1987, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters® is one of North America's leading sellers of cruise vacations with more than 180 franchise locations and a team of over 3,700 Cruise Consultants. In 2007, CruiseShipCenters became a strategic partner with Expedia Inc., rebranding to become Expedia CruiseShipCenters. In addition to a number of travel industry awards, the company has been recognized for its leadership in franchising by the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) including the CFA Award of Excellence for five consecutive years (2006 - 2011) and induction into its Hall of Fame in 2010. The company has also been recognized by BC Business magazine as one of the Best Companies to Work For, ranking first in the travel category and eighth overall.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 11, 2014 10:26 AM PDT
- Expedia CruiseShipCenters
Established in 1987, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters® is a global leader in the marketing and sales of cruise vacations. With continuous growth for over 25 years, our network now includes over 180 independently owned franchise locations and more than 4,000 Vacation Consultants across North America. In 2007, CruiseShipCenters entered into a strategic partnership with Expedia Inc. (the world's largest online travel... more