Work with game-changing organizations. Make a difference in the world. Laugh daily. Love your job. We're Briteweb - a digital agency with offices in Vancouver and New York, working with organizations in the social sector and non-profits. We're looking for inspired, skilled and passionate people to help us create stunning, cutting edge digital communications and branding projects. We're looking to add a Developer to our Vancouver team.
Why join us?
- We strive for the utmost innovation, elegance and integrity in our work.
- Affecting positive change and making an impact is at the core of our company values.
- We're fun - we bring our dogs to work, celebrate together often and enjoy frequent team outings (think skiing, bowling and beach BBQ’s).
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and offer a flexible work environment that supports your lifestyle.
We’re looking for an intermediate developer with 2+ years of web development experience. Experience working within a team environment; not only with other developers, but designers and strategists, as well. Places equal importance on both form and function when writing code. Detail-oriented with a solid understanding of quality UX. Can communicate effectively to find optimal solutions to problems.
Skills and Requirements
- At least 2 years experience (with a focus on Front End Development) or a very impressive body of work
- Proficiency with PHP
- Experience working with Wordpress and custom theme development
- Solid understanding of SEO, usability best practice and UX design
- Solid understanding of Responsive Design, and experience building fully responsive sites
- Experience using version control Software (GIT)
Nice to haves
- Experience with modern FE development tooling (Gulp, NPM, node.js)
- Understanding of Programming design patterns (JS and PHP preferable) and experience applying them to real life projects.
- Experience working with ES6 and new JS language features
To apply, please submit your portfolio, github and/or code sample, cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Feb 10, 2016 11:32 AM PST
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We are passionate about helping organizations engage audiences and build team culture with values-driven communications and digital solutions. We are part agency and part digital product development lab. We work with game changing companies, non-profits and organizations serious about their CSR. Our in-house team provides purpose-driven communication strategies, media production, social media... more