This is an opportunity for a Developer who enjoys end to end development and variety. This company is a Canadian success story with roots in Vancouver. This role offers you the opportunity to participate in new development, enhancements and production support as well as liaise with the business users to understand requirements and business objectives.
As part of a five person development team within a larger group of developers (over 40 developers in total) you will work on Java and / or C# .NET applications within an enterprise environment. They have complex business needs and their projects therefore entail solving complex business problems with technology. You will liaise directly with the business and have the opportunity to consult internally on business applications.
As technology is critical to their success, they embrace varied technology stacks and best practices such as Agile and hackathons.
This is a large company offering outstanding benefits (i.e. pension and bonus), interesting projects and various career paths.
What you need to have:
• 5-8+ years enterprise level Java web development experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enable you to work effectively with the business
• Passion for technology evidenced by participation in high tech communities or personal projects
• Experience in some of the below technologies:
o JBoss or WebLogic
o Hibernate, Spring, Tomcat and Apache
o Oracle (PL/SQL) or SQL Server (SQL) experience
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience with finance or supply chain applications
What you will be doing:
• Write, integrate and test code for new development as well as maintenance and enhancement projects
• Prepare technical documentation
• Provide support to end users and act as prime for production support every couple of months
• Participate in code reviews
• Liaise with the business to understand objectives and propose solutions
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada and available for interviews in Vancouver
For information about TEEMA Solutions Group and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
- Date Posted:
- Jul 17, 2014 12:55 PM PDT
- TEEMA Solutions Group
- TEEMA Solutions Group
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
TEEMA Solutions Group is a customized staffing and technology solutions firm that offers talent management solutions including talent placement, payroll outsourcing and vendor management, as well as technology-certified Managed Services for system integration projects, as well as Practice Lead and Project Management services. The company began in 2008 as TEEMA Consulting Group Inc. In 2012,... more