Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), CEO of the Year (for our CEO Warren Roy in 2012) and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2012).
Since 1999, more than 16,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging -- including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and more. Our intuitive apps for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android let people access all their communications anytime, anywhere. With over 225 employees, Global Relay is growing at a rapid pace in Vancouver and internationally. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today -- we have three floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com)
Job ID: GRDV188
City: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
We are looking for experienced team leads to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to enjoy challenging work with a great group of passionate professionals in a booming industry. Working in a fast-paced Agile development environment, you will be guiding project stakeholders and team members to design, develop and implement network applications used in our enterprise solutions.
- Lead a team developing C/C++ network applications for enterprise services on Linux.
- Write C/C++ code together with team.
- Write unit tests for your C/C++ code together with team.
- Guide team in implementing corporate development and QA standards.
- Oversee the implementation of test automation based on the product requirements and company standards
- Design in collaboration with team the software implementations that satisfy business requirements.
- Design in collaboration with the architecture team the system architectures that satisfy business requirements.
- Design deployment systems for team services.
- Document code and detail designs.
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement.
- Monitor and support operation of production systems.
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years of C/C++ developing application and tools on Linux.
- Experience with TCP/UDP networking in communication applications including SSL/TLS protocols.
- Experience leading development teams.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with test driven development.
- Experience with the design and maintenance of tools for QA use.
- Experience with continuous integration systems.
- Experience with dependency injection containers.
- Experience with service oriented architecture including REST and JSON.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with design patterns.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Save your PDF using the following format to indicate your full name and application date e.g. John Smith (Apr 02 2012); and send to email@example.com Reference " Development Team Lead_GRDV188 " in subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Nov 14, 2013 3:04 PM PST
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. Since 1999, more than 15,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging — including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media... more