About the Gig
We're looking for a hardcore dev ops engineer to help support our cutting edge education platform that students all over the world use in class. You will manage scalable and maintainable infrastructure for running the Top Hat platform. This includes multiple production and test environments on AWS and standard linux systems. The devops role ensures that the system is performing well and developers have the right systems (backups, monitoring, logging) and tools (deploy scripts) to focus on building great software.
- Come work here because we're making a dent in the universe
- Come work here because we have a brilliant team
- Come work here because we care about software craftsmanship
- Come work here because we don't take ourselves too seriously
- Come work here because we care about and iterate on our development process
- At least a few years of development experience under your belt.
- Ability to manage scable and maintainable infrastructure.
- Serious linux chops.
- Experience with managing databases, slaves, and backups.
- Experience writing deployment scripts
- Logging and problem detection strategies
- Experience with monitoring servers and services
- Understands the entire development process and tools required to make developers highly productive.
About Top Hat
Here at Top Hat, we're transforming students' mobile devices into powerful tools for active learning. We launched in 2009 and are growing like crazy. We're in over 400 universities, including Harvard, Stanford, MIT and University of Waterloo.
Our investors are the best in the world (the same folks who backed Shopify, Salesforce, Box.net & more).
A few more perks in the fabulous life of a Top Hatter:
- Lots of free deliciousness. What’s up catered Lunch, Breakfast and unlimited and drinks?
- Located at College subway station, with subsidized metro pass
- Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart, highly motivated & stoked to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- We are looking for people who want to grow with us and are in it for the long haul.
- We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named one of the Top 50 Companies to Watch by Deloitte Consulting)
- You can dress at your leisure (as long as you are fine with the engineering traditions of Plaid Tuesdays and Tip Top Fridays!)
- Date Posted:
- Dec 11, 2015 9:54 AM PST
- Top Hat
- Top Hat
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Top Hat helps make every lecture count by transforming students' mobile devices into powerful tools for active learning. Using Top Hat, professors can ask questions, moderate discussions, host tournaments and more to help professors teach and students learn more effectively. Top Hat is used in over 400 universities around the world, including Harvard, Stanford & the University of Waterloo. more