shomi™ is a new kind of video streaming service that launched in November. And we’re looking for a DevOps engineer rock star!
Created for entertainment lovers by entertainment lovers, shomi combines the best of technology with human curation to make discovering TV shows and movies nearly as enjoyable as watching them. And HEY! We’re made in Canada.
You: a DevOps engineer who is passionate about quality assurance and problem solving. You live, eat and breathe this stuff and love a good challenge!
Us: Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial start-up where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That’s shomi. Right now, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and do what you love.
About the Team
The DevOps team manages a diverse network of servers and devices in a highly available and agile hybrid cloud environment. We work with some of the latest technologies on the market, collaborate with development and product management to meet our viewers needs. We strive to automate and implement scalable processes, systems and environments and ensure 100% availability of our infrastructure.
As a DevOps engineer on our DevOps team, you will ensure the daily success of ecosystem running across our physical and cloud footprint. You will leverage your technical skills to strengthen our ability to deploy and maintain highly performing and scalable systems. You will have the opportunity to participate in the design and deployment of automated configuration management, which covers, installation and configuration of operating systems, databases, storage, system monitoring tools and systems administration. Given the complexity of our systems and our team's expansion, there is no limit to your technical and personal growth.
- Configuration management automation expertise is a must (Example, Chef)
- Cloud computing expertise is a must (Amazon AWS)
- Directly contribute to the design and architecture of our scalable infrastructure
- Provide systems admin support to other shomi teams
- Identify and implement system improvements
- Design and implement automation using Chef and other available tools
- Support fast, scalable, secure, and highly available computer networks
- Provide technical expertise to other staff members within the organization
- Available on call as part of rotating 24/7 Support Team
- Resolve unexpected issues in real time
- Experience managing multi-tier web services using technologies such as IIS, Apache, Node.JS, Java applications, MySQL and SQL Server
- Design and deploy AWS systems via automated AWS API’s and other automated systems.
- Live the shomi values: Be Scrappy, Have Fun, Everyone Works in the Innovation Department, Care Like Crazy, Quality is Key, and We Win and Lose as a Team
- · Strong understanding of cloud technology, preferably Amazon AWS.
- · Strong understanding of Chef
- · Deep understanding of Linux and Windows
- · 5+ years systems administration experience required
- · Passionate about automation and a desire to integrate automation wherever it makes sense
- · Strong knowledge of scripting languages
- · Working knowledge of .NET and node.js nice to have
- · Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under deadlines
- · Flexible, continuous learner, excellent communicator, works well in team environment, appreciates challenge, comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving
- · Knowledge of CouchBase, SQL Server, MySQL, Vagrant, Redis, CI/CD tools (Jenkins).
- · Experience with the following: NGINX, HAProxy, Deployment Systems, Build Systems like Teamcity, ElasticSearch and Vagrant
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**no headhunters, please
- Date Posted:
- Jan 25, 2016 12:42 PM PST
- Shomi Partnership
- Shomi Partnership
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
shomi is a new kind of subscription video streaming service that launched November 2015. Created for entertainment lovers by entertainment lovers, shomi combines the best of technology with human curation to make discovering TV shows and movies nearly as enjoyable as watching them. And HEY! We’re made in Canada. more