DISCOVERY STARTS HERE
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Samsung is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device and SW solutions. With the recent launch of Samsung KNOX™ and Samsung Pay, we are now looking for experienced and talented individuals for our Vancouver lab to design, develop, operate and support these new solutions in the global market.
The incumbent will be focused on enabling rapid development of cloud based end-to-end mobile enterprise applications and services. Incumbent will utilize broad knowledge of front and back end development, server management, automation tools and security measures to empower SRCA teams to deliver better quality software.
Recommend and review and the frameworks, tools, technologies and architecture used by SRCA. Help orchestrate streamlined version control, release and deployment processes for the SRCA teams.
Research and develop internal tools, customized to fit the SRCA developer’s needs. Automate as many processes as possible to streamline development.
• Collaborate with development, QA, R&D, Tech ops, and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as it moves through entire deployment pipeline
• Implement Highly scalable & High available server side system on cloud environments
• Make reference code (prototype, lead code) for developers
• Proof of concept of architecture design
• Design and implement a release processes
• Introduce and enable teams to use a standardized SRCA version control/release workflow
• Automate packaging software in reproducible artifacts
• Provide tools and services for developers to work more efficiently
• Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements in the development process and deployment pipeline
• Drive and champion Continuous Delivery and automation wherever feasible
• Take initiative to advance the quality, performance, or scalability of SRCA applications, by influencing the architecture or design of our products
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Previous server side development in (Java, C#, C++, Scala, etc )
• Knowledge of 1 more scripting languages ( Python, Ruby, PHP )
• Hands-on understanding of scalability and high availability
• Expertise in Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat)
• Amazon Web Services, S3, EC2, ELB – a must
• Strong knowledge of SQL (MySQL is preferred)
• 5+ years’ experience of software development
• 2+ years’ experience of server operations
• Hands-on experiences in automated build environments (Jenkins , xUnit, Emma, Cobertura, SVN, GitHub etc )
• NoSQL experience (mongodb, hbase, cassandra) (Asset)
• Data grid experience (redis, memcached, oracle coherence) (Asset)
• Hadoop based big data analysis (Hadoop,pig, hive, MapR) (Asset)
• Scrum based agile experience (Asset)
• Security audit experience
• Experience with automation and continuous integration
- Operation experience
- Server side QA experience
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 12, 2015 6:56 PM PDT
- Samsung Research Canada
- Samsung Research Canada
- Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
DISCOVERY STARTS HERE Since early 2013, the Samsung Research Canada Enterprise Lab in Burnaby, B.C. has focused on B2B Enterprise cloud based services and applications. We are continuing to work collaboratively as part of the global Samsung Research community on projects including Samsung KNOX and Samsung Pay, among other initiatives. Beyond our expertise in SW development our teams are known... more