FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we"re just getting started and there"s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
Are you a developer with interest and experience in deployment and cloud operations? A system administrator who loves to write code? A bit of both?
As a member of FreshBooks’ Infrastructure team, you’ll maintain and improve our continuous delivery pipeline and the infrastructure it depends upon, making it easy for our product developers to keep our customers delighted.
You’ll also collaborate with our production operations team to take us from our present Puppet-automated production infrastructure to an antifragile, scalable and highly-available cloud-based one, letting us iterate faster and experiment while still providing reliable service to the small businesses that depend on FreshBooks.
- Improve, support and maintain our continuous delivery pipeline and related infrastructure
- Collaborate with product teams to improve the production-readiness of their software through fault-tolerance, monitoring, metrics, and logging
- Enable teams to release their own code as often as needed
- Automate everything that should be automated, with an infrastructure-as-code approach
- Design and implement the next generation of our production infrastructure on a modern cloud stack
- A strong background in Linux administration
- Programming experience beyond basic scripting in Python, Ruby, Go or a similar language
- Experience with continuous delivery pipelines – we use GitHub and Jenkins
- Configuration management experience – at present we use Puppet and Ansible
It’s a bonus if you:
- have experience running production applications in the AWS ecosystem
- have used containers in production or deployment environments
- have experience leading a team (this is not a requirement!)
Submit your resume today and a member of the recruitment team will follow up with you!
- Date Posted:
- Nov 13, 2015 12:34 PM PST
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for... more