Coho's engineering team is smart, enthusiastic, highly qualified and motivated to change the datacenter from the ground up. The team is a great combination of PhDs and experienced, pragmatic, practical and productive engineers, who collaborate in a high-trust environment with the hardware and software resources available to do excellent work.
We have a fantastic workplace environment and we highly value our staff. Our espresso machine is outstandingly good and we are fully committed to excellence in all variety of important beverages.
At Coho, our build and test infrastructure is both fast moving and central to our development process. We create and delete networks, virtual machines, and bare metal installations by the hundreds every day. We rely on a wide range of tools, including puppet, docker, VMware, buildbot and git, all tied together with python.
As a software engineer on the DevOps team, you are charged with keeping our infrastructure agile and running smoothly. This means automating everything you can get your hands on, both to make it go fast and to ensure it is correct and repeatable. This role is a permanent fulltime position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or computer related field.
- Must have excellent experience with some of the systems that make up our infrastructure (Ubuntu or Debian, buildbot, JIRA, git), and strong technical problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding working experience and knowledge of at least two of the following scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, or Ruby).
- Exceptional experience with virtual machine packaging (Docker, vSphere, Chef, Puppet, or similar technologies).
- Experienced in designing and implementing tools to improve engineering and testing processes.
- Proven experience in managing and mentoring teams of 5 people or more.
- Linux command line proficiency is a hard requirement.
- You’ll need experience in managing Linux servers and networking infrastructures.
- Experience in automating software processes is a must.
- Ability to prioritize and execute efficiently, and see the most important and urgent tasks through to completion.
- Excellent communication skills and abilities in collaborating with engineers at remote sites in different time zones.
How to Apply:
Strong applications will include a brief cover letter that tells us a little bit about your background, and what interests you in joining the team at Coho.
Location and Contact Info:
Coho Data Inc.
Suite 200 - 1490 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 1H5
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range of $90,000 to $110,000 in Canadian dollars dependent on experience and/or skill.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision Care, Extended Health, and more.
NOTE to all recruitment firms: Coho Data Storage is not accepting agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Coho Data Storage's Staffing organization. Coho Data Storage is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 18, 2015 2:00 PM PDT
- Coho Data
- Coho Data
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Led by a team of XenSource/Citrix virtualization and storage industry veterans, Coho Data is enabling businesses of all sizes to build their own high performance Amazon-style storage for their data. Inspired by the highly scalable, commodity-hardware based approaches of public clouds, the company is developing the first flash-tuned scale-out storage architecture designed for the private cloud... more