Coho's engineering team is smart, enthusiastic, highly qualified and motivated to change the datacenter from the ground up. The team is a great combination of PhDs and experienced, pragmatic, practical and productive engineers, who collaborate in a high-trust environment with the hardware and software resources available to do excellent work.
Joining Coho is an opportunity to experience first-hand the growth of a dynamic high-tech startup, to make your own contribution and see it ship in a highly sophisticated product to real customers.
We have a fantastic workplace environment and we highly value our staff. Our espresso machine is outstandingly good and we are fully committed to excellence in all variety of important beverages.
At Coho, our build and test infrastructure is both fast moving and central to our development process. We create and delete networks, virtual machines, and bare metal installations by the hundreds every day. We rely on a wide range of tools, including Puppet, Docker, VMware, Buildbot and Git, all tied together with Python.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are charged with keeping our infrastructure agile and running smoothly. This means automating everything you can get your hands on, both to make it go fast and to ensure it's correct and repeatable.
- You'll need excellent scripting skills, experience with some of the systems that make up our infrastructure (Ubuntu or Debian, Buildbot, JIRA, Git), and strong technical problem-solving skills.
- You'll also have a hand in designing and developing changes to our infrastructure to improve our engineering and testing process.
- Linux command line proficiency is a hard requirement.
- Ability to prioritize and execute efficiently, and see the most important and urgent tasks through to completion.
- Good communication skills to enable great collaboration with engineers at remote sites in different timezones.
How to Apply:
Strong applications will include a brief cover letter that tell us a little bit about your background, and what interests you in joining the team at Coho.
NOTE to all recruitment firms: Coho Data Storage is not accepting agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Coho Data Storage's Staffing organization. Coho Data Storage is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 15, 2014 4:00 PM PDT
- Coho Data
Led by a team of XenSource/Citrix virtualization and storage industry veterans, Coho Data is enabling businesses of all sizes to build their own high performance Amazon-style storage for their data. Inspired by the highly scalable, commodity-hardware based approaches of public clouds, the company is developing the first flash-tuned scale-out storage architecture designed for the private cloud that delivers... more