DevOps Engineer on Web Team
Do you have a passion for all thing technology, not just information technology? Are you a Carl Sagan fan? If so, and you have some experience in DevOps type roles, you should speak to us about this role.
Our client is in the news and doing things that have never been done before. Although information technology is not their core business, they rely on it heavily. They are 100% AWS and have fully automated push button deployment into production. With almost 100 employees, a head office in Vancouver and a team in California, they are poised for growth and need your help. Cool factor, great benefits, stunning offices and technical challenge.
What you need to have:
• Degree and 5+ years’ experience in high tech with approximately 3+ years of development experience with a modern language (Java, Python, PHP)
• Experience in high traffic web app environments (scaling experience) and outstanding troubleshooting skills
• Cloud based experience and AWS
• Strong Linux Administration
• Experience with continuous integration and configuration tools such as Salt, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
What you will be doing:
• Working with a highly skilled web development team of 12, you will help build and support this platform for a company that retains a start-up feel in terms of excitement and innovation
• Collaborate across teams to build, deploy, maintain and monitor their cloud infrastructure on AWS
• Develop technology for continuous deployment, deployments and source code management
• Ensure the team is up to date on trends in cloud, virtualization, continuous integration and storage
• Some travel to California to visit their satellite office (on average once every two months)
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada.
For more information about TEEMA Solutions Group and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
- Date Posted:
- Jan 8, 2015 1:49 PM PST
- TEEMA Solutions Group
- TEEMA Solutions Group
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
TEEMA Solutions Group is a customized staffing and technology solutions firm that offers talent management solutions including talent placement, payroll outsourcing and vendor management, as well as technology-certified Managed Services for system integration projects, as well as Practice Lead and Project Management services. The company began in 2008 as TEEMA Consulting Group Inc. In 2012,... more