Vancouver, BC, Canada
Why Join Us?
At Clearly we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture, and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team’s continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
You will be responsible for leading Clearly’s DevOps team to create, operate, maintain and evolve our infrastructure that supports our websites, customers, and products. This includes developing, maintaining, and driving the efficiency and effectiveness of services such as DevOps, Tag & Release Management as well as the Environment Monitoring.
While leading the DevOps team and supporting their growth and development, you will also contribute hands-on to ensure the success of your team. You will assume DevOps engineer duties, including having an on-call availability, writing deployment scripts, debugging applications, evaluating new technologies and more. You enjoy developing scalable, secure and enterprise-grade deployments and working with a team of dedicated engineers and product managers to support common goals.
- Own relationship with tag management agency and vet all new tags before they are introduced onto our websites. Perform a periodic audit to see which tags are not in use anymore and purge them.
- Manage, organize and present application statistics, establishing key metrics and KPIs and developing and delivering both regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards to help drive decision-making
- Provide insights and recommendations on application performance improvement by leveraging collected data.
- Evolve site monitoring, deployment strategies and testing to support our goal of 100% up-time and quick turnaround of deployments
- Continuously improve our web applications to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant
- Work closely with the project team to stay in sync with the constantly evolving features of our platform, along with our Architects, Product Managers and other clients and partners of the DevOps team to meet the needs of the organization
- Manage the delivery of activities aimed to improve overall version quality, reduce operational risk, achieve better delivery of release milestones, and ensure consistent production quality
- Drive the process in which our DevOps team operates and iterates/releases
- Establish and periodically update the Release Policy which governs the release process and details release categories, release activities, role & responsibilities, exception, etc.
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate:
- 2+ years’ experience leading an Ops/DevOps team
- Some experience in Web Analytics tools such as Omniture, Google Analytics, Tealium, Segment.io, and other web analytics platforms
- Experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis
- Smartness with an intellectual curiosity that drives motivation to keep on top of technical trends
- Service-oriented, and enjoys working with engineers to make the software development process as painless as possible
- Comfortable writing scripts in ruby, bash, groovy, and/or python (minimum 2)
- Extremely reliable and accountable in times of need
- Demonstrable experience with Java web applications running on Tomcat platform, CMS system, MS SQL Server, etc.
- Comfortable working with both Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience with Jenkins or Hudson. Docker experience is an asset.
- Ability to understand and apply basic metrics gathering techniques
- Highly collaborative and dynamic with great problem solving skills
- Clear, concise and articulate in communications (verbal and written)
- Ability to establish instant credibility, and has a proven track record in setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Ideal candidate will have practical experience in Release Management and DevOps, and be a recognized leader in enhancing process, using metrics and applying technology to improve efficiency and quality
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- Brand new, open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
- Subsidized fitness and wellness programs
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- May 5, 2016 4:26 PM PDT
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clearly is the largest online eyewear company in the world with a mission to make vision correction accessible worldwide. Founded in 2000, Clearly's family of websites offers the most extensive selection of contact lenses, eyeglasses and sunglasses shipped directly to your door. Through Clearly’s Change the View Project, every purchase helps fight poor vision by providing access to tailored eye... more