Reference # 2014-R-002
Every day, Rebellion connects millions of people to personalized content through our family of websites, mobile apps and e-stores. In the categories of health, technology, women and sports, Rebellion acquires successful digital brands, then boosts them to the next level by applying a smart mix of tools and skills. We believe in taking risks, we’re not afraid of failure, and we think it’s a mistake to build a business if you can’t have some fun along the way.
The Digital Content Specialist is responsible for organizing and producing all of our website content for our health team. This includes blogger outreach, topic research, article editing and creativity for out of the box content. It is crucial that you understand what makes content popular and actionable, how to optimize content for SEO and the nature of social networks. You’ll be working closely with our community team to help develop content strategy around the needs and interests of our audience.
Our main focus is a network of health communities focused predominately around chronic health conditions. Interest or experience in this field is a plus.
This job requires expert time management, attention to detail, advanced social platform knowledge, strong interpersonal skills, with a flexible and creative approach.
● Work with Community Manager and Social Media Team to develop content strategy
● Blogger/writer outreach. Source new contributors with specialized knowledge of target subject matter.
● Build and maintain relationships with freelance writers, bloggers and community members.
● Co-ordinate the creation, copy-editing, and publication of content on schedule and in accordance with content strategy
● Demonstrate a ‘do-it-right-the-first-time’ approach to on-page Search Engine Optimization
● Help develop online communities through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+
● Develop written materials including press releases as required
● Track success of various content strategies to ensure message is reaching an appropriate audience and creating adequate engagement
● Assist in the execution of email marketing strategy
● University degree or College diploma in marketing, communications, business, technology or related fields
● 2-3 years managing digital content across platforms (desktop, social, email)
● Experience working with digital marketing and sales from a content perspective
● Passion for technology
● Creative, with the ability to think outside the box
● Strong working knowledge of communication principles and practices.
● Demonstrated success with social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.
● Strong grasp of Search Engine Optimization, and how to optimize on-page elements for success
● Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
● Well-spoken with superior written communications skills
● The ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Huge geek at heart with uncanny social skills
Nice to have:
● Experience with WordPress
● Knowledge of HTML
● Graphic design skill set (Photoshop, etc.)
How to Stand out From the Crowd:
Strut your stuff! We’re asking all candidates to complete a challenge to include as part of their application.
1) Provide examples of content you have written.
Our office is located in the heart of Waterloo Region's booming technology sector with endless amenities in walking distance to the office including café’s, restaurants, and retail shops. Rebellion has a cool office space featuring a kitchen area stocked with hot and cold beverages, including an assortment of pop, water, mineral water and RedBull. We have a large patio area great for ad hoc meetings or BBQ’s, and have mixed entertainment including video games, 60” TV’s featuring PS3 and Apple TV, or you can challenge a teammate to a game of foosball.
To express interest, please visit our Careers site at http://www.rebellionmedia.com/job-openings and select the Digital Content Specialist posting. (NOTE: Look for the "Apply" button!). All applications will be kept confidential.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 7, 2014 12:10 PM PDT
- Rebellion Media
Every day, Rebellion connects millions of people to personalized content through our family of websites, mobile apps and e-stores. In the categories of health, technology, women and sports, Rebellion acquires successful digital brands, then boosts them to the next level by applying a smart mix of tools and skills. We believe in taking risks, we’re not afraid of failure, and we think it’s a mistake to build a... more