You’re not a typical designer. You're capable of designing brilliant solutions while ensuring you deliver for the end user. You live, breathe and sleep creativity, yet think, plan and execute strategically. Mediocrity frustrates you and complacency bores you, so you strive to shock and inspire through your work. You understand that simplicity isn’t simple, and that great design is achieved after extensive exploration.
We are looking for a genius designer willing to lend their brilliance to take on unconventional challenges in an unconventional company.
Qualities we’re looking for:
You are head-over-heels passionate about all things design and you strive to make an impact. If you could retire comfortably today, you would still be designing and creating.
You not only pay meticulous attention to detail, you also envision the big picture. You understand how your work adds value now and looking forward.
For you, creativity isn’t about making pretty things, it’s an approach to solving challenges.
You’re comfortable in presenting your solutions in a business setting during crucial stages of the design process.
You crave to enhance your work through input and feedback, and support others in return.
- Contributing to the strategic design of the brand identity for our various brands
- Contributing to the look and feel of our websites and web properties
- Updating the designs on our branded properties such as YouTube and on Social
- Collaborating with the digital marketing team on promotional campaigns
- Collaborating with the social team on designing for campaigns and posts
- Supporting the business units by creating deliverables such as presentations and sale-sheets
- Collaborating with other designers and producers on video and motion projects
- Contributing creatively and strategically to projects with other members of the design and marketing team, as well as collaborating across different departments.
- Contributing to brainstorming meetings and sharing ideas often
- An amazing portfolio (this matters more than any other credential)
- 3 to 5 years of designing for online media and brands
- A positive mindset matters, so does a sense of humour
- A confident understanding of fundamental marketing and branding principles
- Post secondary education in digital design or related experience
- Meticulous and proven attention to detail
- Very comfortable using online media and social sites (like YouTube and Facebook)
- Ability to creatively execute within branding guidelines
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion
- Ability to execute multiple projects under pressure and beat tight deadlines
- You are a wizard with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- You have the ability to create compelling graphics, icons and layouts for the web
- You are an expert in motion design and understand the world of moving pictures
- You have the ability to create powerful presentations in PowerPoint
- You are able to articulate solutions through pencil, paper, wireframes and mockups
- You can effectively contribute to group creative projects and marketing campaigns
- You constantly strive to hone your craft and improve your skills as a designer
About the Business
BroadbandTV (BBTV) is an innovative media and technology company that drives success for online video creators by leveraging its premium media brands, proprietary technology, and massive online reach. BBTV operates one of the world’s largest multi-platform networks with over 76,000 network partners amassing over 14 billion impressions per month. Its content creators span a number of key media brands including: TGN, the most engaged gaming network on YouTube; Opposition, the largest hip-hop music network; number one Electronic Dance Music (EDM) network, WIMSIC; leading kids & family network, HooplaKidz and Outspeak, the next-generation citizen journalism brand in partnership with The Huffington Post. The business recently unveiled Windfall, a joint venture to find, develop and service music artists across all platforms, in partnership with BMG.
BBTV and its Founder & CEO, Shahrzad Rafati are regularly featured across influential U.S. publications, including: The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Forbes, Fortune, Variety and VentureBeat to name a few. BBTV and Shahrzad have also won dozens of awards for business excellence and entrepreneurship including Playback Magazine's Digital Company of the Year, Top Up & Coming Tech Company by PWC Vision to Reality, Top Digital Media Company by the Digi Awards, Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year and Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative People in Business.
BBTV maintains a culture of creativity, drive, collaboration and care and seeks to create dream jobs for every team member.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 14, 2016 12:54 PM PDT
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
BroadbandTV is an innovative media and technology company that drives success for online video creators by leveraging its premium media brands, proprietary technology, and massive online reach. BroadbandTV operates the world’s largest Multi-Platform Network with over 14 billion views per month, and 74,000 partners. Its content creators span a number of key media brands including: TGN, the most... more