FreshBooks has a big vision – we’re just getting started and there is a lot left to do. We’ve made it to 5,000,000 users and now we’re looking for an experienced Segment Marketing Manager to develop go-to market strategies for specific small business segments.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have done it before: been in a marketing position as you helped to scale an ultra-successful web or mobile business by defining marketing strategy, positioning and messaging while leading campaigns in a small business space.
Title: Direct Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director, Product Marketing
The Direct Marketing Manager will be a savvy marketing professional with experience in web or mobile businesses targeting small businesses; have a proven track record defining go-to-market strategies including: understanding segment needs, crafting positioning/messaging for target segments and delivering a targeted end to end experience.
- Identify and recommend small business segments most suited for our suite of web and mobile applications.
- Develop a deep understanding of the financial needs of these segments to create specific positioning and messaging.
- Create annual marketing and test plans for target segments… including inclusion in product launches and segment specific campaigns.
- Execute annual marketing plans… working closely with product team, sales, service, communications, creative services and online marketing to ensure segment messaging is consistent throughout customer experience.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for segment marketing programs.
- Monitor industry market trends and competitors and provide intelligence on the competitive landscape and key trends occurring in the industry
- Be a key contributor to vision/strategy for all FreshBooks product categories.
- Recommend product enhancements based on deep understanding of small business segments.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience in comparable industries
- Proven ability to assess customer needs, translate into marketing priorities, and team with cross-functional leaders to aggressively execute and deliver
- Experienced in communicating a company’s unique value proposition to potential customers, partners and market influencers through creative campaigns
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in marketing and business (competitive) strategy
- Experience being an integral part of an organization that has or is experiencing rapid growth
- Experience in leading product launches
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Business degree or M.B.A. desired
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for extraordinary customer service... more