Director, Analytics – Data Scientist
Opportunity to build your own analytics function. This is a newly created role in a high tech, online business to consumer company. Reporting to the CEO, and collaborating closely with the Product Director, you will lead the collection and reporting of data that will be used to make decisions in product management.
You are a tech savvy data evangelist with the ability to gather large amounts of information and present it in a way that enables an understanding of consumer behaviour and provides direction for ongoing product strategy. You are a leader with a track record of helping your team excel.
Our client is a local success story with an international brand – they already have 100 million users. Operating in the online space, they invest heavily technology and love to innovate. They have a track record of developing people from within and have won awards for their achievements.
What you need to have:
• Track record of managing a data analytics function for a B2C company that relies on their online presence for revenue and growth
• Strong statistical analysis background and expert knowledge of tools such as MATLAB, SAS, R and SQL
• 2+ years’ experience managing a team
• Expertise in data warehousing
• A passion for providing data analysis that drives strategy, budget decisions and product development
• The ability to be strategic and participate in the executive team while still enjoying being hands on and pitching in with your team
What you will be doing:
• Execute on your vision of a world class data analytics function
• Provide leadership to a strong data operations and research team while identifying where new skills, tools and information is required to drive smart business decisions
• Create algorithms and predictive models that will identify and prioritize new features and enhancements to a successful product
• Enjoy playing a key role in this company’s future success while collaborating with an executive team that is talented, energetic and positive
Please note: Ideally candidates are currently in Vancouver but if you are planning to relocate to Vancouver, please highlight that information in your cover letter/email. This company will consider relocation for the right candidate.
For information about TEEMA Solutions Group and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
- Date Posted:
- Aug 14, 2014 2:25 PM PDT
- TEEMA Solutions Group
TEEMA Solutions Group is a customized staffing and technology solutions firm that offers talent management solutions including talent placement, payroll outsourcing and vendor management, as well as technology-certified Managed Services for system integration projects, as well as Practice Lead and Project Management services. The company began in 2008 as TEEMA Consulting Group Inc. In 2012, the company responded... more