The Opportunity – Director, Development
Working closely with the CTO, and acting as a key member of the Product leadership team, you will ensure that the growth and development of our product is powering the strategic direction of FreshBooks. You will mentor the senior leaders of the Development team and focus on the transformation of the development process to drive speed, innovation and scale across existing and new product lines.
Specifically this position includes:
- Building and growing a high performing division in an agile development environment
- Ensuring consistent and timely delivery of new releases while driving flexibility, predictability and quality
- Partnering with leaders across FreshBooks to define product requirements and the product roadmap
- Leveraging technology, people and processes company-wide to operationalize change and improvement initiatives
- Providing the Executive team with regular status and strategy updates
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if:
- You have a minimum of ten years progressive experience including at least two in a senior management or director level role
- You have an eye for talent and a history of building high performance development teams
- You are a true leader – someone who enables and inspires their team to do their best work
- You are a hands on technologist who can dive deep and hold your own with senior developers building a scalable product
- You have shown that you can harness the power of technology and people to accomplish big things
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 19, 2015 12:27 PM PST
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for... more