Vancouver, BC, Canada
As a Salesforce Developer you will help to build the back office elements of our marketplace platform. Working with the product engineering team, product management, and key stakeholders in the business you will build new solutions, implement, integrate, and extend 3rd party enterprise applications, and participate in the design of key business process and workflow.
What you’ll do…
- Assist in conceptualizing, designing, and documenting new architecture for existing applications and platforms
- Build applications and workflows using a variety of languages and platforms
- Ensure source code meets development standards & functional specifications
- Assist in simultaneous deployment of independently developed projects
- Work closely with Business Analysts on interpreting functional requirements
- Own your solutions through the entire product lifecycle
- Implement and integrate custom solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Build systems and process to enable our business processes to scale efficiently as we grow
What you’ll achieve…
- Develop a deep understanding of BuildDirect’s business, software, and data architecture
- Build a word class order management and orchestration platform for heavy weight consumer goods
- Play a critical role in creating the premier marketplace for home improvement supplies
What You'll Bring
- Creative problem solving mindset
- Willingness to question assumptions
- Penchant for critical thinking
- Your experience with systems integration projects
What You Need
- Extensive experience with Salesforce and Force.com development
- Experience with Netsuite scripting and integration
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and design principles
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including testing
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and continuously improve
- Results oriented and the ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency and orientation to deadlines
- University degree in computer science or equivalent career experience
What you must have…
- An audacious spirit that embraces uncertainty and challenges with enthusiasm
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit that has grit, determination and challenges the status quo
- High degree of empathy and the ability to see other's perspective
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better everyday
A little more about us….
We are opening a world of possibilities by simplifying the home improvement industry.
In October 1999, BuildDirect co-founders Jeff Booth and Rob Banks had a vision. Their vision was to simplify the home improvement industry and give the power of choice back to the homeowner. They wanted to provide those seeking to build or improve their homes with an online marketplace to access the products they wanted, at the prices they’d love, and deliver them on time and directly to their doorstep.
And today we do just that.
Based in Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, BuildDirect is the world’s largest online marketplace for home improvement products. We connect homeowners directly to the suppliers of home improvement products, which eliminates heavy retail markups and makes for a much simpler and trusted shopping experience.
We love the people we work with and the culture we’ve built. For us, curiosity is a mindset that sees a problem as the start of a great solution. We believe the best learning and greatest discoveries come from trying, even if you fail. We love that we aren’t perfect, but every day we are trying to get better at what we do.
BuilddDirect offers an environment where you will have a chance to learn and work in a team based setting with exceptional people. We provide an open atmosphere where better ways of doing things are encouraged, and people are inspired to perform at their fullest potential.
- Date Posted:
- Dec 11, 2015 1:02 AM PST
- BuildDirect Technologies
- BuildDirect Technologies
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
BuildDirect is a technology company that is knocking down walls, changing the foundation and building a smarter, simpler and empowered home improvement industry. With its BuildDirect Demand Rank™ and BuildDirect Product Rank™ custom analytic and forecasting tools, the company can identify in real-time, consumer interest in a product, its competitiveness in the marketplace, and locations it will... more