At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re part of a growing industry where there are many opportunities for new solutions and product innovation in response to real world business problems.
About the Role
As an ETL Developer at Vena you will be responsible for designing, developing, and supporting customer implementations of our Corporate Performance Management (CPM) software solutions. You will assist with data analysis, construct technical designs, develop ETL applications, and support existing ETL applications. You will work closely with our team of Consultants as well as with external clients in order to understand solution requirements.
You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, client-centric, entrepreneurial environment. You love a challenge and you are innovative, creative, and analytical.
- Design, develop and support all database objects required for reporting and integrations
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis, coding and writing clear documentation
- Perform relational and multi-dimensional modeling and schema creation
- Development of cube dimensions, measure groups, calculations and any data management code for the positioning schemes
- Design all extraction and integration processes
- Implement execution framework, including reporting, auditing and alerting
- Perform data analysis and propose and ensure transformation covers all data possibilities including managing data anomalies
- Provide in-depth troubleshooting skills to assist in resolving errors and performance issues in both ETL and reporting databases
- Develop detailed test plans so that unit and integration testing is comprehensive and meets all possible data outcomes
- Develop and maintain data movement rules, so that the ETL process is clearly defined at every level and data lineage is clearly communicated to business users
- Remain current on integrated product developments that translate to environmental or code modifications
- Lead the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL-related activities
- Develop ETL applications and supervise and guide ETL development activities of other developers
- Support current customer implementations
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, Accounting, Business, or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- At least four (4+) years’ experience in ETL application design and development
- At least three (3+) years’ experience in a BI environment working with both data warehouses and OLAP cubes
- At least three (3+) years’ experience working with primary RDBMS
- Expert knowledge of Excel, MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS and their capabilities
- Experience developing in .NET
- Knowledge of system functionality, process and architecture on a technical and business level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate and work with internal and external stakeholders
- Extremely thorough, detail oriented and process driven
- A strong analytical capability with keen problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience working with cloud-based data integration tools (i.e. Boomi, SnapLogic, Informatica Cloud, etc.)
- Knowledge of Oracle Essbase
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to email@example.com when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 14, 2014 10:37 AM PDT
- Vena Solutions
About Vena At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian... more