As a part of AbeBooks' mission the eCommerce team develops a family of payment products respecting appropriate rules and regulations. This is challenging and equally rewarding for a truly global marketplace for rare and collectable books. We feel proud to provide a seamless experience to buyers from over 200 countries purchasing products from sellers representing over 60 countries. Our systems process hundreds of thousands of dollars a day in different currencies and using different payment methods. We like to think we know what we're doing, and we're always keen on learning and improving.
As an experienced software engineer you will have an incredible opportunity to learn, navigate and influence dozen of products that make up AbeBooks marketplace. You will appreciate the complexity of the business domain, and you will be inspired by your team's values in pursuing simplicity and robustness in software intensive systems. You will sink your teeth into intricacies of bank deposits, refund calculations, UX concerns to engage and provide positive value loops for our sellers. You will help the team to work with Amazon teams and Amazon technologies as we take advantage of capabilities of our parent company. Last but not the least, you will be surrounded by smart and approachable colleagues, and talented peers and junior engineers, while living in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and customer focus
- Care about code quality and readability
- Invested in challenging and growing your team
- Are comfortable working with data structures as much as discussing software development processes with your peers
- Get inspired by collecting product and system metrics, and by proposing improvements
- Persevere when troubleshooting build, deployment or live issues
- Take code review feedback gracefully and provide your feedback with abundance
- Love to see your code deployed, and want to see it happening more often
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- At least six years of relevant software engineering experience
You will ideally have experience with:
- Java ecosystem
- AWS ecosystem
- Devops tools and culture
- Mentoring and leadership
AbeBooks offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, and a beautiful waterfront office space, as well as bonus perks such as a health and wellness subsidy, fresh fruit, donuts, free drinks and snacks, foosball, ping pong, and pool tables... the list goes on.
What really makes us stand out is the world-class team of people that you get to work with every day. We trust our employees because we only hire the best. We want people who are prepared to challenge the status quo and always raise the bar. And we do all this while having fun and enjoying the tranquility of island life.
Apply today, and learn more about why you should join our award-winning workplace!
- Date Posted:
- Oct 22, 2015 2:02 PM PDT
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
To booklovers around the world, AbeBooks is a great place to buy books. However, we have always been a technology company that helps booksellers and book-buyers. Since 1996, our technology has been helping to revolutionize the book business and that quest goes on. Our technology workers are versatile, quick-thinking and thrive on deadlines. They plan and build systems that will yield long-term... more