AbeBooks.com - part of the Amazon.com Inc. group of companies - is looking for a highly analytical Senior SEO Specialist to join our marketing team. This position is based at our headquarters in Victoria, BC, Canada reporting to the Manager, Traffic and Acquisition. We also have a European office in Dusseldorf, Germany and from these two locations we run seven international web sites: AbeBooks.com, AbeBooks.co.uk, AbeBooks.de, AbeBooks.fr, AbeBooks.it, IberLibro.com and ZVAB.com. The Product Manager, Free Search will be specifically responsible for free search programs globally for the AbeBooks websites.
The Senior SEO Specialist is responsible for the strategy planning and execution of the AbeBooks SEO channel globally, working in-conjunction with other Product Managers and Marketing Specialists, including: developing the channel tactics to achieve sales goals, defining any product development requirements and business requirements, running SEO tests, driving the creation of a strong reporting framework; and working closely with merchandising and customer experience teams to maximize sales in the most effective way.
This position offers a great opportunity for an insatiable, results-oriented individual who thrives in an extremely customer focused and metrics driven environment. If you have relentless desire to drive process and product improvements we have the career you′re looking for!
Key responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Achieve quantitative and qualitative goals set for the free search channel including traffic, sales and efficiency for all AbeBooks web sites.
• Work in-conjunction with the Traffic Development Team to conceive & define a product development roadmap and define precise business requirements for customer & channel reporting improvements, and analytics integration.
• Run SEO experiments and prove the value of our ideas and help scale them up
• Manage free search traffic and work with the Product Discovery team to optimize conversions.
• Dive deep on search data to understand performance and trends, perform keyword analysis at scale, translate analytical findings into concise business actions and recommendations.
• Work in-conjunction with the Marketing Manager to conceive & define a free search product development roadmap and define business requirements for search related product improvements.
• Continually iterate existing & new product improvements to optimize results.
• Coordinate with the design and merchandising team on landing page best practices, content direction and static content management.
• Be on top of current technologies, emerging search engine technology and new developments within the search engine optimization field.
• Build a network within Amazon & fellow Amazon subsidiaries to leverage best practices & knowledge sharing.
• You have a degree in a relevant field and four or more years of comparable experience.
• Experience implementing technical projects in conjunction with development teams.
• Experience with statistical and analytical models.
• Solid data analysis skills and ability to identify actionable insights from large datasets.
• Experience extracting data via SQL, data manipulation and generating new insights and reports.
• Proven track record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results and in a fast-paced online environment.
• Ability to drive clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses of marketing programs
• Proven ability to work closely with technical (software development) teams.
• Proven track record in managing SEO projects from inception to completion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have’s:
• Experience with setting project priorities and champion Online Marketing projects a plus.
• Experience managing SEO for an eCommerce website.
- Date Posted:
- May 27, 2015 7:20 AM PDT
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
To booklovers around the world, AbeBooks is a great place to buy books. However, we have always been a technology company that helps booksellers and book-buyers. Since 1996, our technology has been helping to revolutionize the book business and that quest goes on. Our technology workers are versatile, quick-thinking and thrive on deadlines. They plan and build systems that will yield long-term... more