Are you passionate about e-commerce? Can you see exciting opportunities to create inspiring products for customers where others just see complexity? Are you equally comfortable digging into customer and business requirements while working with engineers on technical design?
AbeBooks.com, an Amazon company, is seeking an innovative, results-oriented Sr. Product Manager to join its Sellers Management team to drive improvements to tools for Sellers and to support the Sales and Account Management team. The Sr. Product Manager will interact with Engineering teams and other business teams and will manage a Product Manager and a Business Analyst. This position is based at our headquarters in Victoria, BC, Canada reporting to the Head of Seller Services. We also have a European office in Dusseldorf, Germany and from these two locations we run seven international web sites: AbeBooks.com, AbeBooks.co.uk, AbeBooks.de, AbeBooks.fr, AbeBooks.it, IberLibro.com and ZVAB.com.
As the Sr. Product Manager, Sellers you will develop tools and products that help booksellers offer and sell the broadest and deepest selection of books to our customers worldwide, from inexpensive paperbacks to rare collectible editions. You will work with the Sales and Account Management team in understanding and analyzing selection and the existing seller base. You will improve the buying experience working with sellers through scalable and automated programs.
This position offers a great opportunity for a results-oriented individual who thrives in an extremely customer focused and metrics driven environment. If you have relentless desire to drive product and process improvements we have the career you′re looking for!
The Product Manager will:
· Design compelling products and features to help sellers successfully sell on AbeBooks and drive better selection, pricing and availability as well as customer experience for AbeBooks buyers
· Develop product vision, strategy and business plans for the seller space and evangelize across AbeBooks and Amazon
· Create and maintain product and feature roadmaps and manage prioritization and tradeoffs.
· Work closely with customers, user interface design, engineering, and operations to define detailed requirements and develop products.
· Interact directly with technical teams in defining solutions and develop products
· Understand complex business problems, apply strong analytical skills and create an effective strategy in the seller space
· Create and maintain reporting and run analysis to support the business teams
· Manage a team of a Product Manager and a Business Analyst
· Develop, improve and automate processes to improve buyer experience
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· 5+ years product development experience in technology companies
· Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Successful track record in working closely with engineering teams to deliver on aggressive schedules.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Strong knowledge of SQL, ability to extract, manipulate and structure data
· Demonstrated ability to ship products that deliver great customer experiences.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Bachelor's degree is required.
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
· MBA preferred
· Experience in software development, familiar with Scrum, Kanban or Agile methodologies.
· Additional language in one or more of our supported languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Date Posted:
- Mar 23, 2015 9:47 AM PDT
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
To booklovers around the world, AbeBooks is a great place to buy books. However, we have always been a technology company that helps booksellers and book-buyers. Since 1996, our technology has been helping to revolutionize the book business and that quest goes on. Our technology workers are versatile, quick-thinking and thrive on deadlines. They plan and build systems that will yield long-term... more